Registration - In-house Organization
Brock University / Gervan Fearon, President and Vice-Chancellor
Version 25 of 25 (2020-01-15 to present)
- Arts and Culture
- Economic Development
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Development
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Agriculture innovation - investments in agriculture innovation to support research such as state-of-the-art biomanufacturing for the development of health-centric crops for food and pharmacy and grape and wine innovation.
- Economic development and social innovation - investments that facilitate partnerships and knowledge transfer between postsecondary institutions and the private, public and not-for profit sectors.
- Health research - research capital grants, research operating grants, and capital grants from the federal government.
- Networks of Centres of Excellence - investments in agriculture innovation now that grape and wine research qualifies for funding.
- Students - investments in experiential learning opportunities for students, including co-operative education, as well as investments in youth entrepreneurship and skills development.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Brock University would like to make sure that university research and infrastructure are part of the annual federal budget.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Brock University would like to see research funding levels maintained or increased.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Shared Services Canada (SSC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The organization is a Canadian university. Brock University was founded in 1964. The University looks to the different levels of government to fund research, infrastructure and student needs.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Gervan Fearon, President and Vice-Chancellor
Organization's membership or classes of membershipBrock has over 18,400 full-time and part-time students, over 590 full-time faculty members, and over 800 permanent staff. We offer 7 faculties – Applied Health Sciences, Business, Education, Humanities, Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences, and Graduate Studies.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-04-30
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Canada Foundation for Innovation||$1,379,000.00||Yes|
|Canada research chairs||$1,300,000.00||Yes|
|Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)||$445,000.00||Yes|
|Canadian Space Agency||$100,000.00||Yes|
|Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada||$30,000.00||Yes|
|Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)||$7,183,000.00||Yes|
|Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)||$3,201,000.00||Yes|
|Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)||$104,000.00||Yes|
|Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)||$2,788,000.00||Yes|
|Tri Council agencies||$1,891,000.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
Fax number: 905-684-2277
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Jayne Crawley, Government Relations Advisor | No public offices held
- Gervan Fearon, President and Vice-Chancellor | No public offices held
- Greg Finn, Interim Provost and Vice-President, Academic | No public offices held
- Tim Kenyon, Vice-President, Research | No public offices held
- Amos Key Jr., Vice Provost, Indigenous | No public offices held
- Meaghan Rusnell, Executive Director, Government & Community Relations | Public offices held