Registration - In-house Corporation
TELUS Corporation / Darren Entwistle, President and Chief Executive Officer
Version 29 of 53 (2016-05-13 to 2016-06-14)
- Consumer Issues
- Intellectual Property
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- As a supplier to the Government of Canada, TELUS regularly engages in discussions related approaches to reduce costs in the procurement of end-user devices, networks and associated support services and solutions.
- Bills related to lawful access obligations that will have a direct impact on the Company from a financial and operational perspective, as well as impact on TELUS customers from a privacy perspective, and with respect to obligations imposed on carriers with respect to intercept and subscriber information.
- Informing Federal officials around TELUS initiatives in the Health Care field and communicating the need for increased cooperation in developing next generation health care services between all levels of Government.
- Potential Amendments to the Broadcasting Act, with respect to streamlining regulation of broadcasting industry.
- Proposing amendments pursuant to Income Tax Act concerning Capital Cost Allowance deductions.
- Replacement Worker Legislation - TELUS is interested in legislation that bans replacement workers during a labour dispute as it would hinder our ability to operate our organization and serve our customers.
- Review of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) as relates to communications service providers’ obligations
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Critical infrastructure and cyber security - protection of facilities, networks, technology, assets and systems.
Policies or Program
- Broadband Canada - Connecting Rural Canadians program which is of interest to TELUS.
- Broadcasting Policies Relating to Conventional Television
- Broadcasting Policies Relating to Specialty Television
- Policy Framework with regard to the terms and conditions of auction for Spectrum Licences
- Proposed Digital Economy Strategy with respect to spectrum policy.
- Regulatory environment affecting the Canadian wireless market, including regulatory framework with regard to the requirements around rural network infrastructure builds, the policy framework around spectrum auction rules and regulations on the purchase of existing Canadian wireless companies.
- Spectrum policy framework as related to incumbent wireless carriers with respect to all technological and financial implications of proposed government policies.
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission review of Basic Telecommunications Services
- Copyright regulations and the Copyright Modernization Act with respect to the scheduled five year review.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
- Copyright Board of Canada (CB)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- National Defence (DND)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Senate of Canada
- Status of Women Canada (SWC)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services including data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, entertainment and video.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Darren Entwistle, Executive Chairman
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
555 Robson Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3K9
Parent Company Information
TELUS Corporation is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- TELUS Communications Company
21 – 3777 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC V5H 3Z7
- 21 – 3777 Kingsway
- TELUS Communications Inc.
8 - 555 Robson Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3K9
- 8 - 555 Robson Street
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Josh Blair, EVP TELUS Health and TELUS International, President, Business Solutions West | No public offices held
- Darren Entwistle, Executive Chairman | No public offices held
- David Fuller, EVP & President TELUS Consumer and Small Business Solutions | No public offices held
- Tony Geheran, EVP and President Broadband Networks | No public offices held
- John Gossling, Chief Financial Officer | No public offices held
- Monique Mercier, EVP - Chief Legal Officer & Corporate Secretary | No public offices held
- Eros Spadotto, Executive Vice-President, technology Strategy | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Morgan Hayduk, Director, Federal Government Relations | No public offices held
- Craig Mctaggart, Director, Broadband Policy | No public offices held
- Michael Sangster, Vice-President, Government Relations | No public offices held
- Ted Woodhead, Senior Vice-President, Regulatory and Government Affairs | Public offices held