Registration - In-house Organization
Western Marine Community Coalition / ROBERT LEWIS-MANNING, Executive Director
Version 14 of 18 (2015-10-20 to 2016-02-26)
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canada Shipping Act with respect to Adoption of MARPOL Annex VI Revisions (International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships) Introduction of the Emission Control Area off the East and West Coasts of Canada - study of fuel availability after January 1, 2020 to meet the new global standard.
- Implementation of Canada's National Marine Conservation Areas Act (2002) with respect to the proposed Southern Strait of Georgia National Marine Conservation Area.
- Review of the Canada Transportation Act as announced by the Transport Minister.
Policies or Program
- Asia-Pacific Gateway development with respect to the review of Canadian Coast Guard user fees.
- Canadian Coast Guard development of a national e-navigation program.
- Navigable Waters Protection Act with respect to the establishment of new vessel anchorages.
- Pacific North Coast Integrated Management Area (PNCIMA) as sponsored by Fisheries and Oceans Canada through Canada's Oceans Action Plan (OAP) of 2005. The final report is currently with the Minister for Fisheries and Oceans.
- Reduction of Greenhouse Gases from marine vessels under the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- The marine industry seeks to engage in the review of Transport Canada service levels and user fees in accordance with the User Fees Act.
- Transport Canada draft proposals with respect to the disposal of wrecks.
- World Class Tanker Safety and associated programs to achieve prevention, preparedness and response.
- Application of the 45 recommendations with respect to the Tanker Safety Panel report on Canada's Ship-Source Oil Spill Preparedness and Response Regime.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Environment Canada
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
- Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
- Industry Canada
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Parks Canada (PC)
- Public Service Labour Relations Board (PSLRB)
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
To provide a coordinated forum to promote the growth and development of the Marine Community with regard to socio-economic, safety and other pertinent issues.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Stephen Brown, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThe Western Marine Community Coalition is a broad based coalition of organizations and individuals who share common perceptions of the essential needs for the well being of commercial and recreational maritime activity.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
100 - 1111 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2J3
Fax number: 604-681-4364
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Stephen Brown, Executive Director | No public offices held