- Aboriginal Affairs
- Employment and Training
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act: Regulatory Framework for regulating greenhouse gas emissions by Large Final Emitters; and air pollutants
Policies or Program
- Aboriginal Training: General Information on current skills and training programs that may be available and potential synergies with Vale Inco Operations in Canada. Programs include the Aboriginal Human Resources Development Strategy, the Aboriginal Skills and Development Partnership Program and how they may assist Vale Inco in training workers for its operations across Canada
- Export Reporting: Export Reporting requirements of Canadian Nuclear Safety Commissions, Canadian Border Services Agency and Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade with respect to the shipment of Nickel Powder
- National Roundtables on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and how they may impact the Canadian Extractive (Mining) Industry in Developing Countries
- Environmental Impact Asessment: Long Harbour Commercial Processing Plant in Newfoundland
- Metals and mining Effluent Regulations (MMER): Potential Ammendment to capture the definition of new hydrometalurgical processing technology
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
200 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5J 2K2
Principal representative of the client
A.J. Nichols, Director, Corporate Affairs and International Relations
Parent Company Information
- Vale S.A.
Avendia Graca Aranha, No. 26
Rio de Janiero 20030-900
Coalition Members Information
Vale Ltd. is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Vale Ltd. are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- PT International Nickel Indonesia Tbk
Bapindo Plaza II Citibank Tower 22nd Floor
Ji Jend. Surdirman Kav. 54-55 P.O.Box 2799
- The International Metals Reclamation Company, Inc.
One Inmetco Drive
Ellwood City, PA 16117
United States of America
- Vale Inco Americas Inc.
Park 80 West Plaza Two
Saddlebrook, NJ 07663
United States of America
- Vale Inco Asia Ltd.
First Floor, Trident House
Lower Broad Street
- Vale Inco Europe Ltd.
1st Floor Gordon House
10 Green Coat Place
- Vale Inco Japan Limited
25F, Atago Green Hills, Mori Tower, 5-1
Atago 2-Chrome, Minato-Ku
- Vale Inco New Foundland and Labrador Ltd.
Suite 700 Baine Johnston Centre
10 Fort William Place
St John, NL A1C 1K4
- Vale Inco Nouvelle Caledonie / Vale Inco Nouvelle Caledonie
38 rue du Colisee
- Vale Inco Pacific Limited
1401 Hutchinson House
10 Harcourt Road
Hong Kong 00
MICHAEL VON HERFF
No public offices held
1300 - 155 QUEEN STREET
OTTAWA, ON K1P 6L1
Consultant Firm and Address
Public Affairs Advisors
220 Laurier Avenue West
OTTAWA, ON K1P 5Z9