Registration - In-house Organization
University of Regina / Vianne Timmons, President and Vice Chancellor
Version 25 of 25 (2019-11-14 to present)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Arts and Culture
- Employment and Training
- Intellectual Property
- International Development
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Official Languages
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Contributions to the operating budget of the Institut français.
- Discussions regarding possible research and development initiatives and investments that foster Western Canadian research networks.
- Discussions regarding possible research and development initiatives for, and investments in, partnerships with the University of Regina
- Federal Research Granting Councils (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR): 1) Communication with various public office holders to inquire on the status of grants and to propose a wide array of academic research projects; and 2) Communications to various public office holders to advocate for continued and increased granting council funding.
- Funding for carbon capture and storage initiatives.
- Funding for conferences, seminars and other academic initiatives.
- Funding for policies and programs to advance research and development for the commercialization and globalization of university initiatives.
- Funding for proposed Institut français research chairs on alternatives for community development.
- Funding for university-community projects, in conjunction with the Assemblée communautaire fransaskoise and/or other francophone community organizations.
- Indian Studies Support Program Applications through the University of Regina for the First Nations University of Canada.
- Policy development and research funding for innovative and sustainable energy resources.
- Seek funding assistance for University of Regina's energy and environment institutes from the National Research Council, the Canadian Foundation for Innovation, Western Economic Diversification, the Office of Energy Research & Development (Natural Resources Canada).
- Seek increased funding to the Indirect Costs of Research Program in order to maintain an internationally competitive research and development infrastructure.
- Start-up funding for proposed Institut français Baccalaureate programs in Minority Situations.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Canada Research Chairs Program with respect to the creation and funding of new chairs.
Policies or Program
- Canadian Conference of the Arts with respect to maintaining arts and culture programs and research initiatives in Canada.
- Policies and programs to advance research and development for the commercialization and globalization of university initiatives.
- Policy development regarding knowledge transfer and the commercialization of research.
- Seek partnership and consultation with Sustainable Development Technology Canada (Environment and Natural Resources Canada) regarding transferring products of university technologies into the marketplace.
- Creation of new immigration regulations with respect to helping universities attract foreign students and facilitating their arrival in Canada.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
- Correctional Service of Canada (CSC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- National Defence (DND)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Office of the Auditor General of Canada (OAG)
- Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages (OCOL)
- PPP Canada
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Senate of Canada
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The University of Regina has ten faculties and 25 academic departments. The U of R is a welcoming, student-focused institution that combines deep-rooted values with innovative thinking, classroom theory with real-world practice, and global ideas with regional needs. With an established reputation for excellence and innovative programs leading to bachelor, master and doctoral degrees, the U of R aspires to be one of Canada’s best comprehensive universities.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Vianne Timmons, President and Vice Chancellor
Organization's membership or classes of membershipStudents, faculty, staff, alumni and board members.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2019-04-30
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Canada Research Chairs||$1,225,000.00||Yes|
|Canadian Foundation for Innovation||$306,000.00||Yes|
|Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)||$2,253,000.00||Yes|
|Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)||$3,099,000.00||Yes|
|Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)||$971,000.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, SK S4S 0A2
Fax number: 306-585-5255
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Emmanuel Aito, Director, La Cité universitaire francophone | No public offices held
- Nick Carlton, Professor of Psychology | No public offices held
- Thomas Chase, Provost and Vice-President (Academic) | No public offices held
- Dale Eisler, Senior Advisor, Government Relations | Designated public offices held
- Douglas Farenick, Acting Dean of Science | No public offices held
- Gina Grandy, Dean, Faculty of Business Administration | No public offices held
- Esam Hussein, Dean of Engineering and Applied Science | No public offices held
- Nick Jones, AVP Research & Dean of Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research | No public offices held
- Kathy McNutt, Interim Vice-President (Research) | No public offices held
- Nilgun Onder, Associate Vice-President (Academic) | No public offices held
- Harold Riemer, Dean of Kinesiology and Health Studies | No public offices held
- Rae Staseson, Dean of Fine Arts | No public offices held
- Glenys Sylvestre, University Secretary | No public offices held
- Vianne Timmons, President and Vice Chancellor | No public offices held
- Judy White, Dean of Social Work | No public offices held