Registration - Consultant
Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police / Association canadienne des chefs de police / Timothy Smith, Consultant
Total Number of Communication Reports: 74
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 6 of 6 (2019-09-24 to present)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Justice and Law Enforcement
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Lawful Access - Bill C-51/52 - the CACP is promoting the successful passage of this law through Parliament. Law enforcement views these bills as important to more effectively combat criminal activities which rely on rapidly evolving technologies – the global internet, cellular and computer-based networks.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Firearms - relating to the CACP National Firearms Strategy, including Bill C-391 (now defeated). The CACP has regular discussions with RCMP and Members of Parliament on this issue
- On-going collaborative discussions with the Government of Canada - The following CACP Committees may have a need to discuss initiatives with the Government of Canada and they would seek the involvement of Timothy M. Smith Consulting to facilitate such meetings: - Aviation Security Committee - Canadian Law Enforcement Forum - Counter Terrorism and National Security Committee - Crime Prevention Committee - Drug Abuse Committee - Electronic Crime Committee - Emergency Management Committee - Ethics Committee - Human Resources and Learning Committee - Informatics Committee - interoperability Committee - Law Ammendments Committee - National Police Services Committee - Organized Crime Committee - Police Information and Statistics Committee - Policing with Aboriginal Peoples Committee - Private Sector Liason Committee - Professional Standards Committee - National Firearms Strategy Committee - National Strategy on Urban Street Gangs Committee - Traffic Committee
Policies or Program
- Emergency Management -CACP will be working with Public Safety officials and other Government organizations with regards to improvements in Emergency Management. This includes the Federal Emergency Response Plan, Federal Policy for Emergency Management and the Emergency Management Act.
- Interoperability and 700 Mhz Spectrum Allocation - CACP is seeking recognition within Government to invest in this area to allow first responsders to communicate with each other over a common communications platform. The CACP will be lobbying government to allocate a portion of the 700 Mhz spectrum for this common public safety communications platform public safety. (Industry Canada Spectrum Management Policy)
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- National Defence (DND)
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Senate of Canada
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
300 Terry Fox Drive, Unit 100
Kanata, ON K2K 0E3
Fax number: 613-383-0372
Web address: www.cacp.ca
Principal representative of the client
Bill Moore, Executive Director
Parent Company Information
Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police / Association canadienne des chefs de police is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police / Association canadienne des chefs de police is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police / Association canadienne des chefs de police are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police / Association canadienne des chefs de police does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Timothy Smith | No public offices held
1288 Parkhill Circle
Ottawa, ON K1H 6K3
Consultant Firm and Address
Firm: Timothy M. Smith Consulting
300 Terry Fox Drive, Unit 100
Ottawa, ON K2K 0E3