- Aboriginal Affairs
- Financial Institutions
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Ensure minimal impact to credit unions as a result of the phasing out of the credit union federal tax deduction.
- Ensure minimal impact to credit unions resulting from the implementation of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development's Common Reporting Standard requirements.
Policies or Program
- Changes to Farm Credit Canada's market conduct to ensure level competition with private sector financial institutions.
- Enforcement of section 983 of Bank Act regarding the use of the terms bank, banker and banking by credit unions.
- Ensure credit union system postions on taxation are conveyed to government stakeholders during the federal government's ongoing review of the Canadian tax system.
- Ensure minimal impact to credit unions as a result of policy changes contemplated by the federal government regarding mortgage insurance and mortgage eligibility requirements.
House of Commons
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada (OSFI)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Senate of Canada
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Owned by the credit unions of Alberta, Credit Union Central Alberta Ltd. is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for the credit union system of Alberta. It is a for-profit corporation committed to supporting Alberta’s credit unions in areas ranging from financial and technological products and services to government relations and strategic planning.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Chief Executive Officer
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
350N 8500 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2H 2N1
Parent Company Information
Credit Union Central Alberta Ltd. is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Credit Union Central Alberta Ltd. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Ian Burns,
Chief Executive Officer |
No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties