Registration - In-house Organization
Canadian Psychiatric Association / Association des psychiatres du Canada / Glenn Brimacombe, Chief Executive Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 58
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 13 of 14 (2015-11-02 to 2016-05-02)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Access to improved mental health services in federal prisons with an emphasis on underserviced groups such as women and Aboriginal peoples
- Inclusion of mental health, mental illness and addictions in the next Health Accord through dedicated funding.
- The organization supports the creation of a National Strategy for Suicide Prevention.
Policies or Program
- recruitment, retention, and adequate resourcing of psychiatrists within the Department of National Defence.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- National Defence (DND)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
As the national voice of Canadian psychiatrists, the Canadian Psychiatric Association advocates for the professional needs of its members and promotes excellence in education, research, and clinical practice. enhanced quality of professional life; advocacy for support and equitable funding for psychiatric services and mental health research; high quality knowledge translation through our journal, clinical practice guidelines, position statements, and continuing professional development; and communication on national positions on matters relevant to the profession.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Glenn Brimacombe, Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThe Canadian Psychiatric Association is the national professional association for psychiatrists. Medical practitioners and healthcare professionals interested in the aims and objectives of the association are welcome to join the Canadian Psychiatric Association. Membership categories include: Active Member Qualified medical practitioners who are licensed to practice in any Canadian province and who are certified in psychiatry by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or by a provincial college, or hold other specialist qualifications in psychiatry as recognized by the CPA Member-in-Training Physicians who are registered in an approved post-graduate training program in psychiatry and Medical Students who are currently enrolled in an approved training program in medicine. Associate Member Medical practitioners who are qualified to practice in any Canadian province and who are interested in the aims and objectives of the association. Affiliate Member Individuals who are members of a professional group involved in the provision of psychiatric services or the promotion of mental health and who are properly qualified in their profession, as recognized by the CPA. International Member Physicians who are qualified to practice psychiatry and who permanently reside outside of Canada. Life Member Members who have reached age 70 and who have been Active Members in good standing for 30 consecutive years Honorary Member Physicians who have achieved pre-eminence in their profession and who have been recognized by the Membership Affairs Committee or CPA Board of Directors.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
141 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 701
Ottawa, ON K1P 5J3
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Glenn Brimacombe, Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held
- Helene Cote, Associate Director, Communications & Media | No public offices held
- Kelly Masotti, Director, Public & Corporate Affairs | No public offices held