Registration - In-house Organization
Praxis Spinal Cord Institute / Praxis Institut de la moelle épinière / Bill Barrable, Chief Executive Officer
Version 2 of 31 (2011-07-15 to 2011-08-15)
- Research and Development
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Discussed Canadian Institutes of Health Research's progress on its Patient Oriented Strategy and potential opportunity for Rick Hansen Institute to partner with Canadian Institutes of Health Research with respect to knowledge translation.
- Discussed opportunities for Rick Hansen Institute to partner with Canadian Institutes of Health Research with respect to Knowledge Translation.
Policies or Program
- Provided an update on Rick Hansen Institute and our work with respect to our funded Translational projects, Registry Clinical Platform development and Best Practices Implementation.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Office of the Leader of the Opposition, Liberal Research Bureau
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
RHI is a Canadian-based not-for-profit organization committed to reducing the incidence and severity of paralysis after spinal cord injury and accelerating the translation of discoveries and best practices into improved treatments and quality of life for people with SCI. RHI works in three core program areas: the Rick Hansen Spinal Cord Injury Registry, which captures information and data to identify improved treatments for people with SCI and support multicentre clinical trials; the funding and sponsoring of translational research; and the implementation of best practices.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Bill Barrable, Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipRHI is a Canadian-based not-for-profit organization.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2010-03-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Health Canada (HC)||$0.00||Yes|
|Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)||$1,600,000.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
6400-818 W. 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9
Fax number: 604-707-2121
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Mark Aston, Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives | No public offices held
- Bill Barrable, Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held
- Lorraine Smith, Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships | No public offices held