Registration - In-house Organization
Humane Society International/Canada / Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director
Total Number of Communication Reports: 183
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 19 of 19 (2019-10-17 to present)
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Humane Society International/Canada seeks to amend the Food and Drugs Act to prohibit cosmetic animal testing and the sale of cosmetics developed or manufactured using cosmetic animal testing. It also provides that no evidence derived from animal testing may be used to establish the safety of a cosmetic.
- Humane Society International/Canada seeks to improve the animal cruelty section of the Criminal Code to better protect all animals from cases of cruelty, neglect and abuse.
Policies or Program
- Humane Society International/Canada seeks an end to commercial seal hunting in Canada through a federal sealing industry buyout.
- Humane Society International/Canada seeks to improve conditions for animals in agriculture in Canada.
- Humane Society International/Canada seeks to prohibit the slaughter of horses for human consumption.
- Humane Society International/Canada seeks to prohibit the trade in elephant ivory.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Justice Canada (JC)
- Parks Canada (PC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Humane Society International/Canada works to protect animals and we have active programs in companion animals, wildlife and habitat protection, marine mammal preservation and farm animal welfare. HSI Canada works to protect all animals through education, investigation, litigation, legislation, advocacy, and field work.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipHSI/Canada represents tens of thousands of Canadians who support our goals of improving welfare of animals.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
4035 Saint-Ambroise Street, Suite 320
Montreal, QC H4C 2E1
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director | No public offices held
- Michael Bernard, Deputy Director | No public offices held
- Ewa Demianowicz, Senior Campaign Manager | No public offices held
- Julie MacInnes, Campaign Manager | Public offices held
- Riana Topan, Campaign Manager | No public offices held