Registration - In-house Organization
Grain Farmers of Ontario / BARRY SENFT, Chief Executive Officer
Version 11 of 11 (2019-08-15 to present)
- International Trade
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canada's policy regarding Plant Breeders Rights legislation; specifically, the need for Canada to adopt the provisions of UPOV91 into the Plant Breeders Rights legislation.
- Canada's proposed policy that would establish an allowable amount of low level presence of Genetically Modified Organisms in imported grain.
- Proposed changes to the Income Tax Act. GFO opposes the changes to the Act that impact farm businesses.
Policies or Program
- Canada's policy on Free Trade Agreements to ensure that any proposed Agreements improve foreign market access for wheat, corn and soybeans.
- Canada's policy with respect to the rules governing the design and funding of Agristability and Agrirecovery programs that are part of Canada's Business Risk Management Programs for Agriculture.
- Canada's program regarding research for wheat, corn and soybeans under Agriculture Canada's A-base funded Research Projects.
- Regulation of pesticides under the Pest Management Regulatory Agency
- The labelling provisions under Canada's Feeds Regulations 1983 (Regulations to the Feeds Act, administered by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency). To ensure that the Canadian Food Inspection Agency requires the same labelling of imported soymeal as soymeal produced in Canada.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
- Farm Credit Canada (FCC)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Hamilton Port Authority
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- NAFTA Secretariat
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Grain Farmers of Ontario represents the interests of Ontario’s 28,000 growers of barley, corn, oats, soybeans, and wheat.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
BARRY SENFT, Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipFarmers located in the province of Ontario who produce barley, corn, oats, soybeans, and/or wheat.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-05-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)||$1,046,238.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
679 Southgate Drive
Guelph, ON N1G 4S2
Fax number: 519-767-9713
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Debra Conlon, Manager, Government Relations | No public offices held
- Crosby Devitt, Vice President, Strategic Development | No public offices held
- Markus Haerle, Chair | No public offices held
- Gordon Pugh, Manager, Federal Government Relations | Public offices held
- BARRY SENFT, Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held