- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- International Development
- International Relations
- International Trade
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Bill C-48, oil moratorium, provide technical information on ship movements, layers of inspections, various safety measures in place by requirements and best management practices when carrying fuel oil within Canada and Internationally for the development of new regulatory amendments for continuous safe transportation in a voluntary environment and regulated environments.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Bill C-15, Proposing legislative amendments to the "Migratory Birds Convention Act 1994" and the "Canadian Environmental Protection Act 1999" to secure the presence of current international shipping companies in Canada and attract further foreign investment and headquarters.
Policies or Program
- MaPP, Pacific North Coast Integrated Management Area (PNCIMA):
Review, development, implementation and consultation with Transport Canada, Department of Fisheries and Ocean, Canadian Coast Guard, Parks Canada, Indigenous and Coastal communities
with respect to the impact on International Shipping with a business and presence in Canada.
- Oceans Protection Plan (OPP): In respect to International Shipping consultation in the development, planning process,
and implementation of reliable and safe shipping corridors.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Trade agreements: TiSA - Trade in Service Agreement, TPP -Trans Pacific Partnership, NAFTA - North American Free Trade Act. With respect to International Shipping, economic development, and trade in Canada and international economic development. Including impacts and opportunities with International Shipping with a business and presence in Canada.
Canadian Coast Guard (CCG)
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA)
Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Energy Board (NEB)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Pacific Pilotage Authority Canada (PPA)
Parks Canada (PC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (Port Metro Vancouver)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
ISAC's mandate is to monitor relevant marine policy and legislative developments and represent its members before the federal and provincial governments as well as other national/international organizations and regulatory authorities.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
(Acting) Secretary-General, Policy Analyst
Organization's membership or classes of membership
ISAC's members are ship-owning companies owning and operating bulk carriers, container ships, oil, gas, product and chemical carriers as well as tug boats and passenger ferries.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
1111 West Hastings Street, Suite 100a
Vancouver, BC V6E 2J3
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Lanna Hodgson,
(Acting) Secretary-General, Policy Analyst |
No public offices held