Registration - In-house Corporation
BASF Canada Inc. / Marcelo Lu, President
Version 20 of 22 (2020-01-01 to 2020-01-01)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Government Procurement
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Communication on changes to Patent legislation.
- Interactions with responsible departments re Parliamentary review of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act and the Chemicals Management Plan
- Interaction with Government of Canada officials in regards to certification, modification and approval of BASF Canada’s portfolio, including pesticides, herbicides and other agricultural chemicals, under the Fertilizers Act and the Feeds Regulations Act.
- Interaction with Government of Canada officials in regards to certification, modification and approval of BASF Canada’s portfolio, including pesticides, herbicides and other agricultural chemicals, under the Pest Control Products Act (PCPA). Discussion on general BASF products including Revysol, Broflanilide, Clothianidin and Glufosinate Ammonium.
- Interaction with Government of Canada officials in regards to consultations to implement Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals as per Hazardous Products Act.
- Interaction with Government of Canada officials in regards to hazardous product Act particulary the Controlled Products Regulations; Hazardous Products Regulations and the Hazardous Materials Information Review Regulations.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Service Canada (ServCan)
- Transport Canada (TC)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company. Its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. BASF combines economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, BASF enables its customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. BASF products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Marcelo Lu, President
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
100 Milverton Drive, 5th floor
Mississauga, ON L5R 4H1
Fax number: 289-360-6000
Parent Company Information
- BASF SE
- Carl-Bosch-Straße 38
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
BASF Canada Inc. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Christine Headon, Regulatory Product Manager | No public offices held
- Chris Janzen, Site Quality Assurance Program Manager | No public offices held
- Claudia Leon, Team Lead - Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Canada Growth Team | No public offices held
- Marcelo Lu, President | No public offices held
- Roxanne Ouellet, Power Industry Specialist | No public offices held
- David Peters, EHS Senior Specialist II | No public offices held
- Irene Yang, Senior Manager, Canadian Growth Team | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Nicole McAuley, Manager, Communications and Public Affairs, Agricultural Solutions Canada | No public offices held
- Amita Sandhu, Manager, Sustainability and Government Relations | No public offices held
- Thanh Vu, Sr. Product Regulatory Specialist | No public offices held