Registration - In-house Organization
LeadNow Society / A L'action / Lyndsay Poaps, Executive Director
Total Number of Communication Reports: 33
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 16 of 31 (2015-02-23 to 2015-04-09)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Constitutional Issues
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Amend Omnibus Budget Bill to ensure no government control over content in CBC
- Amend the Fair Elections Act to ensure Vouching and the Voter Information Card are accepted at polling booths as forms of ID and to give the Commissioner of Canada Elections the power to compel testimony from witnesses in cases of fraud
- Asking Cabinet members to stop the ratification of the Canada-China Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement
- Change the electoral system to proportional representation.
- Stop Bill C-51 - asking Ministers of Parliament to stop the passage of Bill C-51 through Parliament
- Support the Reform Act: Asking Ministers of Parliament to vote in favour of the Reform Act in second reading
- Support the private members bill, the Reform Act.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Address conditions of First Nations
- Strengthen the Canada Pension Plan for the 21st century.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Strengthen environmental regulation in Athabaska Oil Sands bitumen extraction including air water and soil quality and conditions for First Nations.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Begin a comprehensive, independent safety review of all hydrocarbon transportation – pipelines, rail, tanker and truck – including public hearings and an examination of the role of deregulation and privatization in reducing safety standards.
- Implement an immediate ban on shipping oil in the older, type 111A tanker cars and reinstate mandatory two-person minimum train crews;
- Not to sign the Canada China Foreign Investment Protection and Promotion Act into law
Policies or Program
- Ask RCMP not to use excessive force to limit peaceful First Nations protests.
- Ask the RCMP to investigate the connection between the PMO and Senators accused of improper filing of expense accounts.
- Defend our Health: asked Ministers of Parliament to promise to protect and strengthen the Canadian universal public healthcare system during their election campaigns in 2015.
- Enbridge 21: Asking that the Conservative federal MPs in BC pressure cabinet to stop the Enbridge Northern Gateway Pipeline
- Recall parliament for open debate on whether to engage in military intervention in Syria.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Requesting that the National Energy Board take into account climate science and open up hearings to the general public during the Energy East pipeline review process
- Written communication
- Grass-roots communication
- House of Commons
- Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner (CIEC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Facilitating grassroots lobbying by Canadians to effect policy and legislative changes in Canada.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Graham Mitchell, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipClass A Voting small Class B Non voting large all who engage in grassroots lobbying become Class B members
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
119 West Pender St, Suite 504
Vancouver,, BC V6B 1S5
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Stefan Avlijas, Data & Technology Implementation Coordinator | No public offices held
- James Biggar, Campaigns Director | No public offices held
- Matthew Carroll, Campaigns Director | No public offices held
- Leslie Cramer, Regional Organizer for the Prairies | No public offices held
- Sanna Gervais, Translation Coordinator | No public offices held
- Anna McCLean, Training Coordinator | No public offices held
- Logan McIntosh, Organizing Coordinator | No public offices held
- Graham Mitchell, Executive Director | No public offices held
- Tess Munro, Community Support Coordinator | No public offices held
- Katelynn Northam, Regional Organizer - Atlantic Region | No public offices held
- Amara Possian, Long term Campaign Coordinator | No public offices held
- Jose R. Samayoa, Junior Campaigner and Communications Assistant | No public offices held