- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- EXCISE TAX ACT: GST AND PHYSICIAN SERVICES: Changes to the application of the GST (zero-rate) on Physician practices
- PRE-BUDGET CONSULTATIONS: Federal investments or taxation changes to improve the health care system and the health of Canadians
Policies or Program
- ABORIGINAL HEALTH ISSUES: Improvement to the health and health care services provide to aboriginal people in Canada
- ASBESTOS: Elimination of the use and exportation of Asbestos.
- CANADIAN PHARMACEUTICAL STRATEGY: A national strategy to ensure all Canadian have access to safe, effective and affordable prescription drugs regardless of employment status or geography
- CHILD HEALTH: Increased investments and improved regulation to protect and enhance the health of children
- ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH ISSUES: Improvement in federal legislation to improve air, water, soil quality and climate change.
- Establish a National Seniors Strategy to improve seniors care across the continuum of care.
- HEALTH HUMAN RESOURCES: Recruitment and retention of health care providers and federal investment in residency spots.
- HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES (ELECTRONIC MEDICAL AND HEALTH RECORDS): Investment and needed regulations to facilitate the development of EHRs and EMRs in Canada
- HEALTH PROMOTION AND DISEASE PREVENTION: Increased investment and improved regulations to protect and enhance the health of Canadians
- HEALTHY LIVING INITIATIVES: Encouraging governments to fund programs to promote healthy living
- LONG-TERM CARE: Increase investments and changes to the Tax Act to enhance long-term care
- MEDICAL EDUCATION: Increase funding for medical education
- MENTAL HEALTH AND NATIONAL STRATEGY: Increased investment by the federal government to improve programs and services for the mentally ill
- NATIONAL HEALTH GOALS: The establishment of national health goals for the Canadian population
- PALLIATIVE AND END OF LIFE CARE: Improved national standards and investment in the area of palliative and end of life care
- PATIENT SAFETY: National Standards for patient care
- CANADA PENSION PLAN: Improvements in both administration and compensation of the programs
- MEDICINAL MARIJUANA REGULATIONS: Improving regulations as they relate to the prescribing of medical marijuana
- PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT ACT (PIPEDA): PRIVACY PROTECTION OF HEALTH INFORMATION AND THE REGULATORY REVIEW: Improvement to privacy legislation to protect the privacy of health information
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Justice Canada (JC)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Solicitor General Canada (SGC)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Health Canada (HC)
Client Contact Information
1867 Alta Vista Drive
Ottawa, ON K1G 5W8
Timothy Smith, Secretary General and Chief Executive Officer
Parent Company Information
Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
c/o 1867 Alta Vista Dr
Ottawa, ON K1G 5W8
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.