- Arts and Culture
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C-10, with respect to video games and broadcasting policy.
- Bill C-11: Monitor developments regarding the Digital Charter Implementation Act and its impact on video games.
- Monitor proposed legislation relating to online hate-speech and its impact on the video game sector.
- Propose legislation to amend the Copyright Act, the Trade-marks Act, the Customs Act, the Criminal Code, and the Proceeds of Crime Act, for the purpose of increasing enforcement and penalties for intellectual property offences and piracy.
Policies or Program
- Innovation Strategy with respect to its development and implementation with respect to the Canadian software industry
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credit and other tax changes that may affect digital products and services, Canadian business online, the entertainment software industry, and development, sale and distribution of entertainment software in Canada.
- Skills development initiatives and services for youth as they relate to developing skills needed by IT and gaming industries.
- Trade classification of on-line video game services under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS).
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
130 Spadina Avenue, Suite 408
Toronto, ON M5V 2L4
Jayson Hilchie, President and CEO
Parent Company Information
Entertainment Software Association of Canada / Association Canadienne du Logiciel de Divertissement is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Entertainment Software Association of Canada / Association Canadienne du Logiciel de Divertissement is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Entertainment Software Association of Canada / Association Canadienne du Logiciel de Divertissement are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Entertainment Software Association of Canada / Association Canadienne du Logiciel de Divertissement does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
Temple Scott Associates
5th floor, 190 O'Connor Street
OTTAWA, ON K2P 2R3
Consultant Firm and Address
Temple Scott Associates Inc.
190 O'Connor Street
OTTAWA, ON K2P 2R3