Registration - In-house Organization
Canadian Institute for Advanced Research / l’Institut canadien de recherches avancées / Alan Bernstein, President and CEO
Version 11 of 11 (2019-09-17 to present)
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Seeking funding from ISED to renew CIFAR's Transfer Payment Agreement in 2022, to maintain CIFAR's core mandate in fundamental research.
- Seeking funding from ISED to renew CIFAR's Transfer Payment Agreement in 2022, to maintain CIFAR's role and responsibilities in leading the Pan-Canadian AI strategy.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Health Canada (HC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
CIFAR brings together visionary scientists and scholars from Canada and around the globe to collaborate on some of the most challenging questions facing humanity.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Alan Bernstein, President and CEO
Organization's membership or classes of membershipCIFAR is a non-profit institute of advanced study.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-06-30
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)||$28,000,000.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
MaRS Centre, West Tower 661 University Ave
Toronto, ON M5G 1M1
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Alan Bernstein, President and CEO | Public offices held
- Rebecca Finlay, Vice-President, Engagement & Public Policy | No public offices held
- Elissa Strome, AVP Research and Executive Director, Pan-Canadian AI Strategy | No public offices held