- Consumer Issues
- Financial Institutions
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
- Application of HST and GST on "arranging for" financial services for typical dealership financing of new vehicles
- Potential new federal regulations requiring mandatory vehicle fuel economy labels
- REGULATIONS AMENDING CERTAIN REGULATIONS MADE UNDER THE PROCEEDS OF CRIME (MONEY LAUNDERING) AND TERRORIST FINANCING ACT (2008-1) PROCEEDS OF CRIME (MONEY LAUNDERING) AND TERRORIST FINANCING SUSPICIOUS TRANSACTION REPORTING REGULATIONS. Communicating with government officials regarding issues related to the tracking of cash transactions at retail locations
- Review the 15 year age limit exclusion for the prescribed classes of vehicles that can be imported without needing to comply with Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS). The Canadian Automobile Dealers Association is seeking an extension of that exclusion to 25 years.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Bank of Canada
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Finance Canada (FIN)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
85 Renfrew Drive
Markham, ON L3R 0N9
Principal representative of the client
Tim Ruess, President
Parent Company Information
Canadian Automobile Dealers Association / Corporation des associations de détaillants d'automobiles is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Automobile Dealers Association / Corporation des associations de détaillants d'automobiles is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Automobile Dealers Association / Corporation des associations de détaillants d'automobiles are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Automobile Dealers Association / Corporation des associations de détaillants d'automobiles does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
66 Queen Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, ON K1P 5C6
Consultant Firm and Address
Impact Public Affairs / Impact Affaires Publiques
222 Queen Street, Suite 1404
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9