Registration - Consultant
Forest Products Association of Canada / Association des produits forestiers du Canada / Jacqueline LaRocque, Consultant
Total Number of Communication Reports: 5
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 7 of 8 (2019-03-20 to 2019-08-23)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- International Trade
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Establish funding to support forest sector innovation. Establish funding to support forest sector mitigation of and adaptation to climate change and more broadly movement towards a low carbon economy.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Budget 2019 as it relates to support for FPAC's pre-budget submission calling on the government to invest in regulatory certainty, innovation for competitiveness, access to international markets, engagement with Indigenous peoples and communities, attracting and re-skilling talent, and devloping an action plan that will help secure healthy forests for future generations.
- Canada Transportation Act to address needs of forest sector
- Changes to the federal tax system, such as the Accelerated Capital Cost Allowance and the Scientific Research and Experimental Development program.
Policies or Program
- Advocating for forest sector partnership opportunities for Aboriginal communities, forest industry and government.
- Advocating for improved implementation of the federal Species at Risk Act that will encourage stewardship and support leadership initiatives such as the Canadian Boreal Forest Agreement.
- Canada-U.S. Softwood Lumber Agreement as it relates to ensuring continued support for the Canadian forest products industry
- Contribute to federal government's plan to combat climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions as it relates to the forest industry.
- Develop promotion plans to highlight the forest sector's economic, social and environmental performance domestically and internationally.
- Government's innovation agenda and science review as it relates to investments in the forest products sector in areas such as clean technology, science networks and business partnerships
- International relations as it relates to forest products industry trade
- Provide general overview of all forest sector files and update on state of the industry to give public officials a better understanding of recent industry developments and key issues.
- Support for implementation of the Canadian Boreal Forest Agreement
- Support for industry's Vision 2020 Challenge regarding human resources, environmental performance, and increased revenue from new products and markets.
- Support for the development of a national Forest Charter
- Support forestry procurement for infrastructure build for Indigenous communities
- Support the interests of Canadian dissolving pulp producers against anti-dumping measures imposed by China
- Tracking current trade agreements such as NAFTA and Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement and possible future ones such as a Canada-China free trade agreement as it relates to how they will affect the forestry sector.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Bank of Canada
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
End date of the last completed financial year: 2017-12-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)||$565,035.62||Yes|
Client Contact Information
99 Bank Street, Suite 401
Ottawa, ON K1P 6B9
Web address: fpac.ca
Principal representative of the client
Derek Nighbor, CEO
Parent Company Information
Forest Products Association of Canada / Association des produits forestiers du Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Forest Products Association of Canada / Association des produits forestiers du Canada is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Forest Products Association of Canada / Association des produits forestiers du Canada are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Forest Products Association of Canada / Association des produits forestiers du Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Jacqueline LaRocque | Public offices held
Ottawa, ON K1M 1B5
Consultant Firm and Address
Firm: Compass Rose Group
3-1 York Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 5S7