- Aboriginal Affairs
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- International Trade
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Establish funding to support forest sector innovation. Establish funding to support forest sector mitigation of and adaptation to climate change and more broadly movement towards a low carbon economy.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Budget 2019 as it relates to support for FPAC's pre-budget submission calling on the government to invest in regulatory certainty, innovation for competitiveness, access to international markets, engagement with Indigenous peoples and communities, attracting and re-skilling talent, and devloping an action plan that will help secure healthy forests for future generations.
- Canada Transportation Act to address needs of forest sector
- Changes to the federal tax system, such as the Accelerated Capital Cost Allowance and the Scientific Research and Experimental Development program.
Policies or Program
- Advocating for forest sector partnership opportunities for Aboriginal communities, forest industry and government.
- Advocating for improved implementation of the federal Species at Risk Act that will encourage stewardship and support leadership initiatives such as the Canadian Boreal Forest Agreement.
- Canada-U.S. Softwood Lumber Agreement as it relates to ensuring continued support for the Canadian forest products industry
- Contribute to federal government's plan to combat climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions as it relates to the forest industry.
- Develop promotion plans to highlight the forest sector's economic, social and environmental performance domestically and internationally.
- Government's innovation agenda and science review as it relates to investments in the forest products sector in areas such as clean technology, science networks and business partnerships
- International relations as it relates to forest products industry trade
- Provide general overview of all forest sector files and update on state of the industry to give public officials a better understanding of recent industry developments and key issues.
- Support for implementation of the Canadian Boreal Forest Agreement
- Support for industry's Vision 2020 Challenge regarding human resources, environmental performance, and increased revenue from new products and markets.
- Support for the development of a national Forest Charter
- Support forestry procurement for infrastructure build for Indigenous communities
- Support the interests of Canadian dissolving pulp producers against anti-dumping measures imposed by China
- Tracking current trade agreements such as NAFTA and Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement and possible future ones such as a Canada-China free trade agreement as it relates to how they will affect the forestry sector.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Bank of Canada
Canada Foundation for Innovation
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Client Contact Information
99 Bank Street, Suite 401
Ottawa, ON K1P 6B9
Derek Nighbor, CEO
Parent Company Information
Forest Products Association of Canada / Association des produits forestiers du Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Forest Products Association of Canada / Association des produits forestiers du Canada is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Forest Products Association of Canada / Association des produits forestiers du Canada are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Forest Products Association of Canada / Association des produits forestiers du Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
Ottawa, ON K1M 1B5
Consultant Firm and Address
Compass Rose Group
3-1 York Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 5S7