Registration - In-house Corporation
CSA Group Testing & Certification Inc. / David Weinstein, President & Chief Executive Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 5
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 7 of 7 (2019-10-22 to present)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Constitutional Issues
- Government Procurement
- International Trade
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) proposal for Grant and Contribution agreement pertaining to the provision of project management support activity for the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Working Group on Marine Energy Terminology
- Discussed possible funding for a new standard on cisterns for potable water.
- Discussions held with Natural Resources Canada-CANMET regarding funding for the development of Wind Turbine standards in Canada.
- Email and oral communications regarding funding in connection with the reaffirmation of the NGV (Natural Gas Vehicles) Installation Codes, specifically CSA B108 and CSA B109.
- Funding for Canadian Standards Association's faciliation of Canada's participation in international standards development at International Organization for Standardization/ Technical Committee 229 and International Electrotechnical Commission/Technical Committee 113 for nanotechnologies, in areas of interest for the specified government institutions, who are Environment and Climate Change Canada, Health Canada and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada.
- Funding from Health Canada for the Product Safety Project Committee
- Funding from Public Services and Procurement Canada for development of blast standard.
- Ongoing communications with Natural Resources Canada with regard to funding from Natural Resources Canada's ecoEII initiative for CSA Group's (registered business name of Canadian Standards Association) Electric Vehicle standards development program.
- Proposal for support for the development of a Guide on Energy Management systems (ISO - (International Organization for Standardization) 50001) for Natural Resources Canada.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Canadian Standards Association has proposed funding needs to Natural Resources Canada for the development of Electric Standards in line with the Roadmap for the Introduction of Electric Vehicles to the Canadian Market.
- Discussed the adoption and implementation of an energy management standard with Natural Resources Canada and Environment and Climate Change Canada.
- Discussion with the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) with regard to the negotiation of funding amounts for a Contribution Agreement between Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and CNSC. Funding is being provided in respect of the development and maintenance of nuclear standards in the CSA Nuclear Program.
- Email and phone discussions with a representative of CanmetENERGY (Natural Resources Canada) regarding financial support from Natural Resources Canada for the purpose of updating the NGV (Natural Gas Vehicle) Design and Installation Codes, specifically, B108 and B109, in support of Natural Resources Canada's Natural Gas Vehicle Implementation Plan.
- Funding for CSA's Support Activities to Natural Resources Canada on the Development of a Marine Energy Terminology Standard.
Policies or Program
- Discussion with Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (Community and Infrastructure Branch) to educate on the capabilities of Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and to help determine how CSA might be able to support some of the Department's goals.
- Discussion with a representative of National Energy Board regarding the possible development of standards related to shale gas fracking and pipeline damage.
- Meeting with Canada Post to discuss certification requirements and approved manufacturing plants for the production of concrete work and products.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canada Post Corporation (CPC)
- Canadian Coast Guard (CCG)
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC)
- Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Defence (DND)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Senate of Canada
- Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
CSA Group Testing & Certification Inc. (CertCo) is a Canadian corporation formed by amalgamation under section 185 of the Canada Business Corporations Act, effective January 1, 2018. Certco provides commercial testing, certification and inspection (TIC) services to clients in Canada and through ts foreign subsidiaries in other jurisdictions in North America, Europe and Asia.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
David Weinstein, President & Chief Executive Officer
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
178 Rexdale Boulevard
Toronto, ON M9W 1R3
Parent Company Information
- Canadian Standards Assocation
178 Rexdale Boulevard
Toronto, ON M9W 1R3
- 178 Rexdale Boulevard
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
CSA Group Testing & Certification Inc. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Gianluca Arcari, Commercial VP, Home & Commercial | No public offices held
- Benjamin Barker, Senior Manager, Accreditation | No public offices held
- Stephen Brown, Director, Innovation | No public offices held
- Inga Hipz, VP, Global Program | No public offices held
- Daniel Langlois, Senior Manager, Product Safety | No public offices held
- Rick Morrison, Technical Director | No public offices held
- Shawn Paulsen, Manager, Conformity Assessment | No public offices held
- Rajiv Rajput, EVP, Strategic Development | No public offices held
- George Tranquada, VP, Technical Integrity | No public offices held
- David Weinstein, President & Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held
- Kathryn Yung, EVP, Chief Legal, Ethics and Compliance | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
No lobbyists added