- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- International Trade
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Expansion of section 178.1-178.5 of the Excise Tax Act as it relates to direct selling companies and their representatives who operate on a sales agent basis
Policies or Program
- Discussions with Status of Women Canada regarding programs relating to women's economic security
- Employment Insurance as it relates to programs for self-employed individuals or persons transitioning to self-employment
- Competition Act - as it relates to the regulation of multi-level marketing plans
- Food and Drugs Act - Natural Health Products Regulations as they relate to product approvals
- Regulations developed under Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) formerly known as Bill C-28 (An Act to promote the efficiency and adaptability of the Canadian economy by regulating certain activities that discourage reliance on electronic means of carrying out commercial activities, and to amend the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Act, the Competition Act, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Telecommunications Act (Fighting Internet and Wireless Spam Act)) with respect to electronic messages sent by direct sellers.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Women and Gender Equality (WAGE)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
180 Attwell Drive
Etobicoke, ON M9W 6A9
Principal representative of the client
Joan Lee, Senior Director of Operations
Parent Company Information
Direct Sellers Association of Canada / Association de ventes directes du Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Direct Sellers Association of Canada / Association de ventes directes du Canada is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Direct Sellers Association of Canada / Association de ventes directes du Canada are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Direct Sellers Association of Canada / Association de ventes directes du Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
222 Queen Street, 1404
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9
Consultant Firm and Address
Impact Public Affairs / Impact Affaires Publiques
66 Queen Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, ON K1P 5C6