- Economic Development
- Government Procurement
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Defence Industry Productivity Program; On-going management of Airbus Helicopters Canada's Source Establishment Contract with the Government of Canada
- Government Contract Pursued: Contract with National Defence concerning the Cormorant Mid-Life Upgrade (CMLU) project.
- Government Contract Pursued: Contract with National Defence concerning the Future Aircrew Training (FAcT) project.
- Government Contract Pursued: Contract with National Defence concerning the Griffon Limited Life Extension (GLLE) project.
- Government Contract Pursued: Contract with National Defence concerning the Royal Canadian Navy Intelligence, Surveillance, Target, Acquisition and Reconnaissance Unmanned Aircraft System (RCN ISTAR UAS) project.
- Government Contract Pursued: Contract with National Defence concerning the Tactical Reconnaissance Utility Helicopter (TRUH) project.
- Government Contract Pursued: Contract with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) concerning the renewal of their rotary wing aircraft fleet.
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
Canadian Coast Guard (CCG)
Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC)
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Defence (DND)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Airbus Helicopters has been a proud member of Canada’s aerospace industry for over 35 years. With more than 250 skilled employees in country, Airbus Helicopters Canada’s headquarters and main manufacturing facility is in Fort Erie, Ontario. Airbus also has a spare parts warehouse in Richmond, British Columbia, sales support in Montreal, Quebec and a 24/7 customer service network in place to support the fleet of more than 220 operators and 720 helicopters flying throughout Canada.
Activities in Canada are focused in five key areas; helicopter sales & deliveries, composite manufacturing, maintenance, repair & overhaul, Supplement Type Certificates / options development, and spares sales & support.
The Fort Erie facility is a centre of excellence for composite manufacturing and is the sole source supplier on 8 different Airbus helicopter types flying all over the world.
Airbus is a leading supplier of helicopters in Canada that are used across the country in key parapublic and civil roles such as law enforcement, emergency medical services, oil & gas, utility: mining, firefighting, powerline maintenance, search and rescue, forestry, and environmental surveys; and transport: tour, corporate, and private.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services.Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019, it generated revenues of €70 billion and employed a workforce of around 135,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Airbus is a positive factor for the Canadian economy: employing more than 4,000 persons across all three business lines; creating more than 20,000 indirectly-sustained jobs in aerospace; working with more than 660 suppliers in nine provinces; and sourcing $1.5 billion CAD from Canadian companies.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
President and COO
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
1100 Gilmore Road
Fort Erie, ON L2A 5M9
Parent Company Information
- Airbus Helicopters
Aeroport International Marseille Provence
- Airbus SAS
2, rond-point Emile Dewoitine
- Airbus SE (Ultimate Parent)
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Airbus Helicopters Canada Limited does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Dwayne Charette,
President and Chief Operating Officer |
No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Pierre Cardin,
Sr VP Head of Public Affairs |
No public offices held
- Sonja Woods,
Manager, Government Relations and Communications |
No public offices held