- Arts and Culture
- Economic Development
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Department of Canadian Heritage and Department of Small Business and Tourism, with respect to current policies work to prioritize live music (concerts) as a key asset.
- Discussions with government officials to implement new programs and/or policies with respect to Canada's live music industry (concert sector).
- Discussions with government officials to increase funding to the Canada Music Fund and to ensure that the Canada Music Fund reflects the contribution of live music to the music ecosystem.
- Working with government to ensure that funding programs recognize the economic, social and cultural benefits of live music through funding mechanisms that recognize its value as an economic and tourism driver.
- Working with government to ensure that pandemic relief and recovery measures support the live music industry and reach all organizations and companies who play a key role in the Canadian music ecology.
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Canadian Live Music Association is the voice of Canada’s vibrant live music industry, working to advance and promote its many economic, social and cultural benefits. Founded in 2014 as a champion for the collective mission of the live music industry, the Canadian Live Music Association is an expert resource for members, including concert promoters, festivals, presenters, venues, agents, ticketing companies, industry associations and suppliers. Advocacy efforts focus on policy advancement, funding, public awareness, research, and activities that unite, highlight and galvanize the work of the live music sector.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
President & CEO
Organization's membership or classes of membership
Membership categories include: Member, Associate Member, Industry Association/Presenters Network, and Supplier. Members are Canadian live music stakeholders whose core business is live music.
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
In-house Organization Contact Information
450 Churchill Avenue North
Ottawa, ON K1Z 5E3
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Erin Benjamin,
President & CEO |
No public offices held