Registration - In-house Organization
Alberta Milk / Mike Southwood, General manager
Total Number of Communication Reports: 2
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 4 of 4 (2019-08-07 to present)
- Consumer Issues
- International Development
- International Relations
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canada-EU Trade Agreement EU stands for European Union. With the agreement now approved by government of Canada we are interested in Dairy Farm Investment Program and how it is administered to the dairy producers impacted by the CETA Agreement.
- Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) - the agreement has been signed and the impacts on dairy have been assessed. As the deal moves toward ratification Alberta Milk has actively promoted the impacts on our sector and sought mitigation.
- International Trade - Alberta Milk met with MP and Ministers regarding the CUSMA. Impact on the dairy industry including the loss of markets and need for compensation
Policies or Program
- Guide for Food labelling and Advertising in respect of all dairy products and use of dairy terminology (modifiers, highlighted ingredients). New Canada Food Guide changes have been announced and dairy's position in the guide assessed.
- Healthy Eating Strategy - as it relates to Canada Food Guide, Front of Pack Labelling. Canada Food Guide has been released and the changes to dairy products is being assessed. Front of Package labeling is the next element of the Healthy Eating Strategy that is being addressed.
- Canadian Agricultural Products Act and Dairy Products Regulations with respect to standards for cheese;
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canadian Dairy Commission (CDC)
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Alberta Milk undertakes a variety of activities that represent the interests of Alberta’s dairy producers, such a marketing, nutrition, and education, transportation and policy.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Mike Southwood, General manager
Organization's membership or classes of membershipWe are a producer-driven organization, whereas we receive our direction from our board of directors and delegates, whom are all licensed dairy farmers. Specifically, we have a board of directors of 11 producers in which there is an executive (chairman, vice chair and second vice chair). We also have 30 delegates (also licenced dairy farmers) that are voted in as well.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-07-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)||$74,200.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
Edmonton, AB T6X 1H1
Fax number: 780-453-5942
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Karlee Conway, Corporate Communications Coordinator | No public offices held
- Mike Southwood, General manager | No public offices held