Registration - In-house Organization
Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions / Federation canadienne des syndicats d'infirmieres et infirmiers / Linda Silas, President
Version 2 of 2 (2019-11-19 to present)
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Lobbying for the inclusion of nurses in the text of Bill C-211 - An Act respecting a federal framework on post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Request for new legislation to restrict payment for blood products in Canada.
Policies or Program
- Lobbying for a Universal single-payer pharmacare program.
- To implement a comprehensive health human resources plan to optimize the use of Nurse Practitioners to meet the needs of Canada’s diverse communities, populations and geographic disparities. As well as expand or create NP-led clinics and harmonize salaries and adopt/implement sustainable funding model.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
We are proud to advocate for our members and promote the nursing profession on the national level, and we work tirelessly to protect the quality of health care for our patients and our universal public health care system. CFNU Mission: To be the national voice advocating for nurses and quality public health care.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Linda Silas, President
Organization's membership or classes of membershipWe represent nurses’ unions in eight provinces (AB, SK, MB, ON, NB, NS, PEI and NL) and we are proud to have as associate members the 35,000 student nurses of the Canadian Nurses Students' Association.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
2841 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, ON K1V 8X7
Fax number: 613-526-1023
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Linda Silas, President | No public offices held