- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Carbon Fuel Standards Act; in regard to the impact it will have on Western Canada
- Carbon Tax - Carbon tax; impact of carbon tax on Saskatchewan’s agricultural producers and municipalities.
- Country of Origin Labelling - supported the federal governments efforts to resolve the trade issues regarding COOL
- Fisheries Act - Fisheries Act; ensure it effectively balances the need for habitat protection with the need for municipal infrastructure development.
- Gun Control - Participating in consultations on reducing violent crime consultations and position against bringing in a long gun registry.
- Navigation Protection Act - Navigation Protection Act; placed administrative and financial burdens on municipal infrastructure projects. SARM is concerned that the 2012 amendments will be reversed.
Policies or Program
- Agriculture: Business Risk Management Program suite under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. In particular requesting changes that will enhance support for producers under the AgriStability Program.
- Aquatic Invasive Species - requesting federal government lead the fight to prevent spread of aquatic invasive species throughout Canada and Saskatchewan’s waters.
- Broadband - Requesting government investment to enhance services in rural Saskatchewan. “Use it or lose it” provisions in spectrum allocation and unused spectrum.
- Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant - Municipal access to Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant.
- Canadian Agriculture Partnership - Canadian Agriculture Partnership; ensuring that it serves to maintain and increase the competitiveness of the agricultural sector.
- Cannabis - Cannabis Act and regulations; mitigating potential risks to municipalities resulting from legalization.
- Chronic Wasting Disease - Chronic wasting disease; policies to prevent the spread of chronic wasting disease.
- Disaster Financial Assistance Arrangements - Disaster Financial Assistance Arrangements (DFAA); with respect to increasing the compensation for use of municipally owned equipment.
- Emergency Response Fund - Emergency response fund; the establishment of an emergency response fund will give fire departments the resources they need to continue providing essential services without risk of non-payment.
- Energy Infrastructure- Advancing the the notion that pipelines are a safer mode of transportation than rail to the Canadian Energy Regulator.
- Federal support for municipalities and agricultural producers in Saskatchewan in relation to the Economic Response Plan.
- Humane Transportation of Livestock - Amendments to regulations
- Infrastructure Funding - Infrastructure funding; ensuring eligibility requirements and thresholds allow rural municipalities to access infrastructure funding.
- International Trade in regard to Canola exports.
- National Disaster Mitigation Program - National Disaster Mitigation Program; to ensure mitigation projects and strategically and effectively undertaken.
- New Building Canada Fund - New Building Canada Fund; eligibility requirements and thresholds.
- Rail Safety - Transporting dangerous goods by rail. Grade crossing improvements.
- Rural crime and policing - RCMP presence in rural Saskatchewan. Preventing rural crime.
- Tax Loss Compensation - The Rural Municipal (RM) Tax Loss Compensation Trust Fund tied to Treaty Land Entitlement agreements continues to decrease and appears to be unsustainable without municipalities absorbing significant reduction in monies from the fund.
- Transportation with respect to efficient and effective grain transportation.
- Water Treatment Systems - Water treatment systems; alternative water treatment technologies continue to be explored and, where feasible, applicable regulations and guidelines be updated to allow for the most efficient use of those technologies.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Energy Regulator (CER)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Impact Assessment Agency of Canada (IAAC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Justice Canada (JC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Province of Saskatchewan - Immigration and Career Training
Client Contact Information
2301 Windsor Park Road
Regina, SK S4V 3A4
Jay Meyer, Executive Director
Parent Company Information
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
2301 Windsor Park Road
Regina, SK S4V 3A4
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.