- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Financial Institutions
- International Trade
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Monitor development of the Digital Charter (Bill C-11) with respect to payments and data.
- Monitor developments regarding breach tracking and reporting regulations under, and review of, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Department of Finance Review of the Payments Modernization Acts. Emerging policies and regulation of the financial technology or "fintech" sector to allow for greater innovation and competition.
Policies or Program
- Discuss challenges confronting Canadian Small and medium size businesses in the digital economy and the role of online payment systems in supporting SMBs in Canada.
- Discuss financial sector policy matters, in particular: payments systems; payments, e-commerce and data security;
- Discuss policy options and industry evolution with respect to the Department of Finance's ongoing review of Open Banking.
- Monitor development of the Retail Payments Oversight Framework as it relates innovation and competition in the payments industry.
- Monitor the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Industry in Canada.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Potential regulations and policies concerning national retail payment systems under review by Government of Canada;
Bank of Canada
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Rural Economic Development (Minister’s Office)
Senate of Canada
Shared Services Canada (SSC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
PayPal is a world wide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like cheques and money orders. We believe that now is the time to reimagine money, to democratize financial services, so that managing and moving money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Chief Compliance Officer
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
661 University Ave
West Tower, 5th floor
Toronto, ON M5G 1M1
Parent Company Information
- PayPal Inc
2211 North First St
San Jose, CA 95131
United States of America
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
PayPal Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
No lobbyists added
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties