Registration - Consultant
Bayer Inc. / Evan Wiseman, Consultant
Total Number of Communication Reports: 1
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 2 of 2 (2019-10-31 to 2019-12-05)
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Engage government regarding the potential risks to drug and vaccine supply for Canadian patients arising from new U.S. state-level reimportation legislation, and the need for Canadian legislation to prevent it.
- Implementation of Amendments to Canada's Food and Drugs Act and Regulations as they relate to the licencing and post-market surveillance of pharmaceuticals, consumer health products and natural health products
- Patent legislation with respect to Intellectual Property and Innovation regarding the Patent Act.
- Pest Control Products Act with respect to input on biologicals.
- Pest Control Products Act with respect to the registration of biological pesticides.
- Seeds Act with respect to Seed Modernization Program.
Policies or Program
- Biotechnology bio-Products with respect to plants with novel traits and bio-products.
- Consultations on Canada's taxation policies relating to scientific research and experimental development tax credits as they apply to innovative pharmaceutical companies.
- Discuss the government's options for the implementation of national pharmacare, in order to ensure access to medicines for uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Economic Management Advisory Council with respect to discussion on present cost recovery regime and associated service standards.
- Fertilizer program with respect to discussion on the policies for registration of supplements.
- Grower Requested Own Use Program with respect to comments on business climate and need for innovation in the market.
- Growing Forward Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada program with respect to Innovation, Science and Technology.
- Implementation of the Canada-European Union Free Trade Agreement with respect to provisions relating to intellectual property protection.
- Joint review candidates and procedures - discussion of Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development Joint Review framework.
- Joint reviews of minor use products and technology gap solutions with respect to utilization of the programs and future proposals.
- Own Use Import Program with respect to comments on business climate and need for innovation in the market.
- Protection of Proprietary Interest in Pesticide Data with respect to business climate and need for innovation in the market.
- Role of the Council on Science and Innovation as it relates to consumer health care, pharmaceutical and crop science sectors of the economy.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Consultations on proposed changes to the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)'s framework, guidelines and regulations.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
2920 Matheson Blvd. East
Mississauga, ON L4W 5R6
Web address: www.bayer.ca
Principal representative of the client
Adrian Kupesic, Director, Public and Government Affairs
Parent Company Information
- Bayer AG
- Kaiser-Wilhelm-Allee 1
Coalition Members Information
Bayer Inc. is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Bayer Inc. are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- Bayer CropScience Inc.
160 Quarry Park Blvd., SE Suite 200
Calgary, AB T2C 3G3
- 160 Quarry Park Blvd., SE Suite 200
- Monsanto Canada ULC
900 - One Research Road
Winnipeg, MB R3T 6E3
- 900 - One Research Road
Evan Wiseman | Public offices held
95 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M4V 1N6
Consultant Firm and Address
Firm: Counsel Public Affairs Inc.
95 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M4V 1N6