- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Development
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Research and Development
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Creation of a North American Standards Strategy based on the international principles of standardization as endorsed by the World Trade Organization.
- Creation of a bilateral, government-sanctioned border committee to identify ways make cross border commerce more efficient from a public and private point of view.
- Work with law makers to protect shared ecosystems between Canada and the United States including acid rain, air quality, joint watershed and water way management, and sustainable development of resources.
- Work with lawmakers to institutionalize cross-border programs like the Regulatory Cooperation Council and the Beyond Border Initiative.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Work with law makers to have mutual recognition of skills certifications between Canada and the United States.
- Work with law makers to update chapter 16 of the North American Free Trade Agreement which deals with the barriers currently facing workers form working in each country.
- Work with law makers to encourage that Canadians can be appointed to US technical advisory groups as well as Americans being appointed to Canadian technical advisory groups.
- Work with law makers to harmonize regulations between Canada and the United States to create a more business friendly environment that encourages cross country cooperation.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Defence (DND)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1800 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington DC, DC 20036
United States of America
Principal representative of the client
Maryscott Greenwood, CEO
Parent Company Information
Canadian American Business Council / Conseil Des Affairs Canado-Americaines is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian American Business Council / Conseil Des Affairs Canado-Americaines is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian American Business Council / Conseil Des Affairs Canado-Americaines are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian American Business Council / Conseil Des Affairs Canado-Americaines does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
222 Queen St. #1201
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9
Consultant Firm and Address
222 Queen St, Unit 1201
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9