- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Fiscal, program and other measures important to the Canadian manufacturing sector's international competitiveness and innovation
- Programs and/or fiscal measures to support industrial workforce skills development
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Trade Policy - Possible new policies or regulations, and international negotiations, affecting Canada's international trade regime and consequences for the steel industry.
Policies or Program
- Climate change and air pollutant policies and regulations, particularly the development of government regulations pursuant to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, in relation to climate change/greenhouse gas emissions and air pollutant regulations for industrial sectors. Regulations regarding the management and shipment of waste materials.
- Economic and Fiscal Policy - Corporate tax provisions in support of Canadian industrial competitiveness, particularly those that are important to improving the climate for investment in Canadian manufacturing, innovation, and workforce development.
- Economic and business conditions affecting the steel industry globally as well as in Canada, including monetary and fiscal policies.
- Federal Budgets as they relate to infrastructure, including
measures associated with economic stimulus spending as well as ongoing infrastructure spending programs.
- North American Steel Trade Committee - Government policies and programs in relation to international steel trade and measures to improve the competitiveness of the domestic steel industry, principally Canada's trade rules under the World Trade Organization and the NAFTA.
- Policies and programs of the federal government that are significant to the business operating and investment climate facing Canadian manufacturers in general and the steel industry in particular. This includes spending, legislative, or regulatory proposals, and legislation respecting the filing and disclosure of business information.
- Special Import Measures Act (SIMA) - procedures and information on administration of the SIMA in respect of the application of trade remedy measures available to Canadian producers; implementation and procedures for the Administrative Tribunals Support Services Canada agency; Canadian International Trade Tribunal advisory committee and similar entities
- Implementation of new temporary entry requirements for business visitors to Canada.
- Regulations regarding the management and shipment of waste materials.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
National Defence (DND)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
350 Albert Street #1220
Ottawa, ON K1R 1A4
Principal representative of the client
Catherine Cobden, President
Parent Company Information
Canadian Steel Producers Association / L'Association canadienne des producteurs d'acier is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Steel Producers Association / L'Association canadienne des producteurs d'acier is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Steel Producers Association / L'Association canadienne des producteurs d'acier are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Steel Producers Association / L'Association canadienne des producteurs d'acier does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
50 O'Connor Suite 901
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2
Consultant Firm and Address
Global Public Affairs
50 O'Connor Suite 901
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2