Registration - Consultant
Canadian Construction Association / Association canadienne de la construction / Joseph Di Cesare, Consultant
Total Number of Communication Reports: 0
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 1 of 1 (2019-09-17 to present)
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Internal Trade
- International Development
- International Trade
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Apprenticeship Training - Redesign existing federal programs (i.e. EI-funded training programs) to provide more robust financial support to employers engaged in apprenticeship training - Continue to exercise federal leadership in driving the harmonization of provincial and territorial apprenticeship training standards.
- Infrastructure - Adopt the five recommendations included in the recent report by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce entitled The Infrastructure That Matters Most: The Need for Investment in Canada’s Trade Infrastructure.
- Labour Mobility - Change EI policy to permit unemployed construction workers to obtain an advance from their approved benefits of up to $2,000 to support their employment searches outside their local area construction market.
- Taxation - Increase the permissible depreciation rate for Class 38 assets from 30 to 50 per cent, which will better align depreciation policy with the productive life of these assets, improve overall construction sector productivity, and potentially lower infrastructure development costs for governments across Canada.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Senate of Canada
- Transport Canada (TC)
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1900 – 275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5H9
Fax number: 613-236-9526
Principal representative of the client
Rod Gilbert, Vice President, Public Affairs
Parent Company Information
Canadian Construction Association / Association canadienne de la construction is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Construction Association / Association canadienne de la construction is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Construction Association / Association canadienne de la construction are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Construction Association / Association canadienne de la construction does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Joseph Di Cesare | No public offices held
222 Queen Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9
Consultant Firm and Address
Firm: Impact Public Affairs
222 Queen Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9