- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Government Procurement
- International Development
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Engage with the Strategic Innovation Fund regarding communication technologies.
- Engage with the government of Canada on federal funding programs aimed at supporting communication technologies.
- Engage with the government of Canada on finalizing a contribution agreement as set out in the MOU between Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and Telesat Canada
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Providing input on any potential amendments to the Radiocommunications Act and Telecommunications Act as per legislative review.
Policies or Program
- Changes to the regulatory fees charged by government for spectrum and orbital slots
- Discussions with the Government of Canada on immigration as it relates to attracting and retaining a highly skilled workforce
- Encourage the Government of Canada to fulfill unique communications, scientific or military requirements through new satellite programs
- Engage with the Government of Canada on policy decisions as it relates to C-Band spectrum.
- Provide input to Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada regarding spectrum and orbital slot allocation procedures, as well as spectrum fees.
- Providing industry input to the Government on the Canadian Space Agency regarding the future of the Agency.
- Providing input to discussions or proceedings regarding support for expansion of broadband service to rural areas.
- Work with government to promote and support Canada's digital economy, specifically in regards to advancing rural broadband.
- Work with the Government of Canada on international engagements as it relates to the digital economy and Internet connectivity.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canadian Coast Guard (CCG)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Intergovernmental Affairs Secretariat (IGA)
National Defence (DND)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Rural Economic Development (Minister’s Office)
Senate of Canada
Shared Services Canada (SSC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Women and Gender Equality (WAGE)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
160 Elgin Street, Suite 2100
Ottawa, ON K2P 2P7
Stephen Hampton, Relations publiques
Parent Company Information
TELESAT Canada / TÉLÉSAT Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
TELESAT Canada / TÉLÉSAT Canada is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of TELESAT Canada / TÉLÉSAT Canada are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
TELESAT Canada / TÉLÉSAT Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
1188 Union bureau 514
Montréal, QC H3B 0E5
Consultant Firm and Address
MERCURY Consulting Group / MERCURE Conseil
1188 Union bureau 510
Montréal, QC H3B 0E5