- Aboriginal Affairs
- International Relations
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Research and Development
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- At the request of the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Coalition sent a Letter of Intent to the Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention – Multi-sectoral Partnerships program re: a survival swimming project for new Canadians. Awaiting a reply.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- UN Resolution on Drowning Prevention
Policies or Program
- The Coalition sent an email request for information about the department's "Climate Change Preparedness in the North Program" as it relates to the Coalition's Traditional Indigenous Stories about traditional drowning prevention/water safety strategies, approaches, programs, etc.
- A letter in support of Coalition stakeholder, Life Jackets for Life, which outlined the need for an amendment to Small Vessels Regulations 15 (SOR/2010/91 – 204(a)/310(1)(a)(i)/302 for small vessels be made requiring that children wear a properly fitting, approved, floatation device or lifejacket while on or in a boat, was prepared and sent to the Minister of Transportation in March 2020 on behalf of the Coalition. Coalition stakeholders were also encouraged to prepare and send their own letter (Life Jackets for Life offer a template) in support of the same.
Canadian Coast Guard (CCG)
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Canadian Drowning Prevention Coalition (Coalition) provides national leadership, coordination and action planning to reduce drowning in Canada. It brings together many multisectoral stakeholders - government agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academics, industry, citizen groups and media - in the Canadian drowning prevention effort. Its mandate is to create recommendations for high impact actions for drowning reduction. These actions should be achievable, focused on impact, and measurable.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Lisa Hanson Ouellette,
Project Manager, Canadian Drowning Prevention Plan
Organization's membership or classes of membership
The Canadian Drowning Prevention Coalition is a charitable organization. The Coalition has a single class of membership for its multisectoral stakeholders.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
70 Melissa Street
Fredericton, NB E3A 6W1
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Lisa Hanson Ouellette,
Project Manager, Canadian Drowning Prevention Plan |
No public offices held