- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Financial Institutions
- Internal Trade
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Department of Finance Review of the Payments Modernization Acts. Potential regulations and policies concerning national retail payment systems under review by Government of Canada; upcoming review of financial institutions policy and Bank Act; emerging policies and regulation of the financial technology or "fintech" sector to allow for greater innovation and competition.
Policies or Program
- Department of Finance Anti Money Laundering (AML) Regulations. To ensure emerging and online technologies are reflected. Advocate for principles based regulations and ensure innovations.
- Discuss challenges confronting Canadian small and medium size businesses in the digital economy and the role of online payment systems.
- Potential regulations and policies concerning national retail payment systems under review by Government of Canada. and upcoming review of financial institutions policy and Bank act; focus on advocating for emerging policies and regulations of the financial technology or "fintech" sector.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Bank of Canada
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Financial Transaction and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Rural Economic Development (Minister’s Office)
Senate of Canada
Shared Services Canada (SSC)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
661 University Ave, West Tower, 5th floor
Toronto, ON M5G 1M1
Principal representative of the client
Paul Parisi, President, PayPal Canada
Parent Company Information
PayPal Inc is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
PayPal Inc is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of PayPal Inc are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
PayPal Inc does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
Ottawa, ON K1M 1B5