- Economic Development
- International Trade
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Support a review of the Canada Grains Act to modernize role of Canadian Grain Commission to align with needs of the grain sector.
Policies or Program
- Agricultural Trade - Support multi-lateral and bi-lateral trade negotiations and policies that provide more free and open access to existing and new markets through reduced tariffs and non-tariff trade barriers on canola and its products. Support the modernization of the World Trade Organization (WTO) as a mechanism to promote rules-based trade. Support additional government resources to help solve technical trade barriers.
- Agriculture - Work to ensure the existing and upcoming Agricultural Policy Framework addresses the needs of canola farmers including business risk management, marketing and research. Maintain support for federal and shared funded programs.
- Support enhanced resources for federal regulatory bodies to make science-based decisions on crop protection products and seed varieties.
- To advocate for a fair and efficient railway transportation system that serves the needs of grain producers.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- The creation and implementation of the Canada Water Agency and adoption of a pan-Canadian water monitoring framework have positive impacts for canola farmers.
- Climate/Environment- Advance canola- based biofuel as part of the solution for climate change. Canada's Clean Fuel Standard (CFS) incentivizes the use of canola-based biofuels. Ensure governments recognize the benefits that farmers provide to the environment.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Rural Economic Development (Minister’s Office)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
400-1661 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3J 3T7
Rick White, President and Chief Executive Officer
Parent Company Information
Canadian Canola Growers Association is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Canola Growers Association is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Canola Growers Association are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Canola Growers Association does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
c/o CCGA 400-1661 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3J 3T7
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.