- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Developments regarding Statutory review of the Copyright Act with respect to fair dealing, library and education exceptions, term of copyright, and technological protection measures.
- Monitor updates and amendments to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Policies or Program
- Advocating for changes to the Canadian Cultural Property Export Review Board Guidelines.
- Advocating for sustained Federal funding for the production and distribution of accessible reading products for Canadians with print disabilities.
- Engaging in consultations for the modernization of the Canada Privacy Act.
- Engaging in consultations on the ratification and implementation of the Canada United States Mexico Agreement (CUSMA).
- Funding priorities and open data / data management (RDM) policies of the Tri-Agency Funding institutions and the National Research Council of Canada, including possible utilization of CARL’s Portage RDM tools.
- Monitoring implementation of the Marrakesh Treaty.
- Open Government policies, including Access to Information protocols, open data / open science, and Crown Copyright.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Library and Archives Canada (LAC)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Senate of Canada
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
309 Cooper Street, suite 203
Ottawa, ON K2P 0G5
Susan Haigh, Executive Director
Parent Company Information
Canadian Association of Research Libraries / Association des bibliothèques de recherche du Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Association of Research Libraries / Association des bibliothèques de recherche du Canada is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Association of Research Libraries / Association des bibliothèques de recherche du Canada are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Association of Research Libraries / Association des bibliothèques de recherche du Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
95 King Street East, Floor 4
Toronto, ON M5C 1G4
Consultant Firm and Address
Temple Scott Associates
190 O'Connor Street 5th Floor,
Ottawa, ON K2P 2R3