- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Communicating with government officials about the Strategic Innovation Fund ("SIF"), more specifically funding for innovation.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Communicating with government officials about Bill C-26 (Critical Cyber Systems Protection Act), more specifically about the proposed amendments applying to cybersecurity.
- Communicating with government officials about Bill C-27 (Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2022), more specifically those provisions that apply to data protection.
- Communicating with government officials about Budget 2022-23, more specifically about (i) strategic investments that will result in administrative savings, (ii) strategic investments in innovation-related initiatives, and (iii) strategic investments in strengthening supply chains.
- Communicating with government officials about the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, more specifically retaining technology neutrality.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Communicating with government officials about international trade agreements, including the federal government’s proposed model digital trade agreement, on matters related to the information technology sector, including data governance.
Policies or Program
- Communicating with government officials about Canada’s Digital Economy Strategy, more specifically providing recommendations to the Government of Canada on how to encourage global investment in jobs and innovation within Canada.
- Communicating with government officials about its “Policy on Management of Information Technology”, more specifically about using and increasing investment in innovative technologies such as Cloud computing and software analytics.
- Communicating with government officials about procurement policies and procedures, more specifically the Government of Canada’s Integrity Framework.
- Communicating with government officials about temporary foreign workers (“TFWs”), more specifically about policies and programs related to: (i) the entry of TFWs, (ii) intra-company transfers of TFWs, (iii) prevailing wages, and (iv) the establishment of a trusted employers system for TFWs.
- Communicating with government officials about the COVID-19 pandemic, more specifically how technology companies can assist the federal government with supercomputing power, virus tracking and artificial intelligence.
- Communicating with government officials about the Industrial Regional Benefits Program, more specifically ensuring that IBM’s products and services are eligible under the program.
- Communicating with government officials about the federal task force (that was recently announced by the Prime Minister of Canada) that will review service delivery, identify gaps and areas for improvement, and make recommendations to ensure Canadians from coast to coast to coast receive the highest quality of service.
- Communicating with government officials, in general, about regional economic development. The goal of these communications is to advocate for robust regional economic development strategies.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Bank of Canada
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Defence (DND)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Prairies Economic Development Canada (PrairiesCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Shared Services Canada (SSC)
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
3600 Steeles Avenue East
Markham, ON L3R 9Z7
Tiéoulé Traoré, Government and Regulatory Affairs Executive (Canada)
Parent Company Information
- IBM Corporation
1 New Orchard Road
Armonk, NY 10504-1722
United States of America
Coalition Members Information
IBM Canada Ltd. is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of IBM Canada Ltd. are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- ISM Information Systems Management Canada Corporation
Regina, SK S4S 7H1
Designated public offices held
1101-222 Queen Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9
Consultant Firm and Address
Crestview Strategy / Crestview Strategy
1101-222 Queen Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9