Registration - In-house Organization
NAV CANADA / Neil Wilson, PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Version 72 of 72 (2019-10-11 to present)
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Aeronautics Act concerning air transportation safety, security, regulations and policies relating to air navigation levels of service.
- Canada Labour Code concerning labour standards.
- Canada Transportation Act with respect to consumer issues.
- Canadian Air Navigation Services Commercialization Act with respect to the governance of NAV CANADA.
- Pension Benefits Standard Act in respect of defined benefit pension plan solvency funding rules.
Policies or Program
- Discussion with Environment and Climate Change Canada regarding weather infrastructure and associated services.
- Discussions with Global Affairs Canada regarding the support for international technology sales.
- Discussions with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada concerning spectrum management policies.
- Discussions with National Defence and Transport Canada concerning the procurement of air navigation services systems and corporate indemnification.
- Discussions with National Defence regarding coordination between civil and military airspace.
- Discussions with Transport Canada and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada regarding infrastructure programs.
- Promotion of NAV Centre facilities with different government departments and agencies for procurement of meeting space.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canada Industrial Relations Board (CIRB)
- Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- National Defence (DND)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages (OCOL)
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada (OSFI)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Senate of Canada
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
NAV CANADA was incorporated on May 26, 1995 as a not-for-profit corporation under the Canada Corporations Act and was continued under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act on January 17, 2013. The objectives of the company are to acquire, own, manage, operate and develop the Canadian air navigation system and services in and over Canada and in such international airspace the responsibility for which has been delegated to Canada pursuant to international agreement. Under the Civil Air Navigation Services Commercialization Act, the company has been granted the exclusive right and obligation to provide civil air traffic control, civil aeronautical information and specified flight information.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Neil Wilson, PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThere are five classes of membership: members have the authority to elect directors and to vote on such things as changes to the by-laws, articles, etc. Members are one government member elected by the Minister of Transport, one union member elected the Union Association, two user members elected, one each by the Commercial User Association and the Non-Commercial Association, and the Director member elected by the Board of Directors. Currently there are 169 associates (individuals and companies with an interest in air navigation). Associates can only vote for members of the Advisory Committee, of which there are currently 20 members. The Board of Directors consists of 15 directors. The government can elect 3 directors, the union 2, the commercial user asociation 4, the non-commercial users 1. The board appoints 4 directors and the President of the corporation is automatically appointed as a director.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
77 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5L6
Fax number: 613-563-3411
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Jonathan Bagg, Manager, Community Relations | No public offices held
- Tracy Beeman, Assistant Vice President, Customer and Commercial Services | No public offices held
- Marie-Pier Berman, General Manager, Winnipeg FIR | No public offices held
- Raymond Bohn, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Communications & Public Affairs | Public offices held
- Garry Brown, Director, International Training Projects and Delivery | Public offices held
- Elizabeth Cameron, Vice President, Labour Relations | No public offices held
- Andre Charron, National Manager Corporate Security & Emergency Planning | Public offices held
- Kim Coe-Turner, General Manager, NAV CENTRE | Public offices held
- Rob Cook, Assistant Vice President ATM Business Development | Public offices held
- Marc Courtois, Chairman | Public offices held
- Blake Cushnie, National Manager, Performance Based Operations | No public offices held
- Greg Dansereau, Manager, ACC Operations Vancouver | No public offices held
- Eric Dupuis, Manager, Aviation Weather Services and Flight Service Operational Support | Public offices held
- Jeffrey Edison, Manager of Operations, Gander ACC | Public offices held
- James Ferrier, Director, Aeronautical Information Management | Public offices held
- Robert Fiege, General Manager, Edmonton FIR | Public offices held
- Claude Fortier, Manager, ATS Standards and Procedures | Public offices held
- Jerome Gagnon, Manager, ACC Operations Montreal | No public offices held
- Ben Girard, Vice President, Operational Support | Public offices held
- Mark Godin, Assistant Vice President, Construction and Facilities Services | No public offices held
- Heather Henderson, Director, Corporate Safety and Quality Oversight | Public offices held
- Brad Hiscock, Manager, ACC Operations Toronto | No public offices held
- Milivoje Jevtovic, Manager, Spectrum Management & Voice Switches | No public offices held
- Trevor Johnson, Vice President, ATS Service Delivery | Public offices held
- Rudy Kellar, Executive Vice President, Service Delivery | No public offices held
- Leigh Ann Kirby, Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary | Public offices held
- Larry Lachance, Vice President, Safety and Quality | Public offices held
- Ann Lindeis, Director Safety Management and Human Factors | Public offices held
- Anthony MacKay, Assistant Vice President, ATS Service Delivery | No public offices held
- Margaret Martin, Assistant Vice President, Operational Training | Public offices held
- Donna Mathieu, Vice President, Pension Investments | No public offices held
- Jason McKenzie, Associate General Counsel | Public offices held
- Stephen Molloy, Manager, ACC Operations Winnipeg | No public offices held
- Lyne Moreau, General Manager, Montréal FIR | Public offices held
- Paul Moulton, Manager, Safety Assessments and Audits | Public offices held
- Andrew Norgaard, Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs | Public offices held
- Jamie Patterson, Director Revenue Services | Public offices held
- Anthony Rasoulis, Assistant General Counsel & Assistant Corporate Secretary | No public offices held
- John Reid, General Manager, Vancouver FIR | Public offices held
- Normand Richard, Manager, ACC Operations Moncton | No public offices held
- David Rose, Manager, DSC, OTS & ATOS Training | No public offices held
- Claudio Silvestri, Vice President and Chief Information Officer | No public offices held
- Sandy N. Struthers, Executive Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer | No public offices held
- John Urban, General Manager, Toronto FIR | Public offices held
- Bax Vokey, General Manager, Moncton FIR | Public offices held
- Neil Wilson, President & CEO | No public offices held