Registration - In-house Corporation
Rogers Communications Inc. / Joe Natale, President & Chief Executive Officer
Version 65 of 65 (2019-09-15 to present)
- Arts and Culture
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill S-228 (An Act to amend the Food and Drugs Act), specifically prohibitions on the marketing of food and beverage to children.
- Copyright Act, specifically sections related to fairing dealing, anti-piracy and claimed infringement.
- Radiocommunications Act, specifically sections related to satellite signal theft.
- Statutory reviews of the Broadcasting Act, the Telecommunications Act, the Copyright Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), specifically provisions related to copyright, culture, telecommunications and broadcasting.
- The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), specifically provisions related to copyright, culture, telecommunications and broadcasting.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Procurement policies, specifically polices related to mobile devices and associated support services and solutions.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Corporate taxation under the Income Tax Act, specifically the calculation of tax on digital infrastructure, the calculation of Capital Cost Allowance (“CCA”) and the calculation of country-by-country (“CbC”) reporting.
Policies or Program
- "Canadian Content in a Digital World", specifically those portions that relate to innovation and culture.
- Government-led consultations on the development of legislation that will promote equality of opportunity for Canadians who have disabilities or functional limitations.
- Government-led consultations related to the National Strategy for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation.
- Policies related to the adoption of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) by Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SMEs).
- Safety Code 6, limits for exposure to radio frequency electromagnetic energy
- Veterans career transitions employment strategies.
- “Guidelines for Business” published by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, specifically guidelines related to the cybersecurity of cellular devices.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Broadband policies and regulations, including polices and regulations related to the deployment of rural broadband, the measurement of Internet performance, the competitive dynamics of broadband, the availability of wholesale Internet access and the availability of affordable Internet.
- Broadcasting polices and regulations, including policies and regulations related to local television signals, video set top boxes and satellite frequencies.
- Spectrum and telecommunications policies and regulations, including policies and regulations related to cross-border interference, 5G wireless networks, interconnections, wireless roaming, spectrum auctions and digital economic strategies.
- The Government of Canada’s “Cyber Security Strategy”, specifically those portions that relate to public/private partnerships designed to prevent the disruption of critical infrastructure and cyber systems
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC)
- Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Defence (DND)
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada (OSFI)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Senate of Canada
- Shared Services Canada (SSC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Rogers Communications Inc. is a leading diversified public Canadian communications and media company. The company operates in four main areas: Wireless, Cable, Business Solutions and Media. Rogers Communications Inc. provides a broad range of services to individual consumers and businesses, including wireless voice and data communications, high-speed Internet, cable television, cable telephony, and data networking services. The company also provides services in radio and television broadcasting, multi-platform shopping, consumer magazines and trade publications, sports media and entertainment, and digital media
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Joe Natale, President & Chief Executive Officer
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
333 Bloor Street East, 10th Floor
Toronto, ON M4W 1G9
Parent Company Information
Rogers Communications Inc. is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- Fido Solutions Inc.
800 de la Gauchetière West, Suite 4000
Montreal, QC H5A 1K3
- 800 de la Gauchetière West, Suite 4000
- Rogers Bank
350 Bloor Street East, 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON M4W 0A1
- 350 Bloor Street East, 3rd Floor
- Rogers Media Inc.
777 Jarvis Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 3B7
- 777 Jarvis Street
- Rogers Telecom Holdings Inc.
Atria II - 2235 Sheppard Ave. East
North York, ON M2J 5G1
- Atria II - 2235 Sheppard Ave. East
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Jordan Banks, President, Rogers Media | No public offices held
- Jean-Yves Bernard, Senior Technology Advisor | No public offices held
- Rick Brace, President, Meida Business Unit | Public offices held
- Alexander Brock, Senior Vice-President, Network/IT Technology and Architecture | No public offices held
- Barry Choi, Director of Regulatory Economics | No public offices held
- Ben Colabrese, Senior Vice President Finance, Toronto Blue Jays | No public offices held
- John De Fazio, Senior Manager, Internet Product Planning | No public offices held
- Rob Dhindsa, Vice-President, Income Tax | No public offices held
- Pamela Dinsmore, Vice President, Cable Regulatory | Public offices held
- Deborah Evans, Director, Chief Privacy Officer | Public offices held
- Jorge Fernandes, Chief Information & Technology Officer | No public offices held
- Geoff Francis, Manager, Regulatory Policy | No public offices held
- Paul Goodrick, Senior Manager, Spectrum Policy | No public offices held
- John Hill, Chief Information Officer | No public offices held
- Nathan Jarrett, Manager, Regulatory Economics | No public offices held
- Peter King, Senior Director, Corporate Social Responsibility | No public offices held
- Peter Kovacs, Director, Regulatory - Cable | No public offices held
- Philip Lind, Vice-Chairman, Rogers Communications Inc. | No public offices held
- Richard McLaughlin, Chief Marketing Officer, Rogers Bank | No public offices held
- Graeme McPhail, Chief Legal and Regulatory Officer | No public offices held
- Kristina Milbourn, Senior Manager, Spectrum Policy | No public offices held
- Robin Mirsky, Executive Director, Telefund | No public offices held
- Ron Murphy, Director of Radio Engineering | No public offices held
- Greg Murray, Vice-President, Information Security | No public offices held
- Joe Natale, President & Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held
- Ed O'Leary, Director, Industry Standards | No public offices held
- Simon-Pierre Olivier, Director, Regulations & Economics | No public offices held
- Michael Piaskoski, Director, Municipal & Industry Affairs | No public offices held
- Jim Reid, Chief Human Resources Officer | No public offices held
- Mark Shinozaki, Director, Product Management | No public offices held
- Howard Slawner, Vice President, Regulatory - Telecommunications | No public offices held
- Anthony Staffieri, Chief Financial Officer | No public offices held
- Michael Studniberg, Manager, Regulatory Affairs | No public offices held
- Gerry Thompson, Senior Manager, CLEC Affairs | No public offices held
- Joel Thorp, Director,Spectrum Policy & Strategy | No public offices held
- Colette Watson, Senior Vice President, TV and Broadcast Operations | No public offices held
- David Watt, Senior Vice-President, Television and Broadcasting | No public offices held
- Susan Wheeler, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs - Media | No public offices held
- Richard Zhang, Senior Radio Systems Engineer | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Heidi Bonnell, Vice President, Federal Government Affairs | Public offices held
- Angela Christiano, Government Affairs Coordinator | No public offices held
- Cheryl Fougère, Senior Manager, Government Affairs | Public offices held
- Anna Laurence, Senior Manager, Federal Government Affairs | Public offices held