Registration - In-house Corporation
IBM Canada Ltd. / Ayman Antoun, President & General Manager, IBM Canada Ltd
Version 31 of 32 (2019-10-12 to 2019-10-16)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act - Retain the Act's support for technology neutrality.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Budget - provide recommendations on strategic investments and opportunities to achieving administrative savings.
Policies or Program
- Digital Economy Strategy - provide recommendations to the federal government on how to execute the strategy in a manner that encourages global investment in jobs and innovation in Canada.
- Government Procurement: Integrity Framework - advocate for reasonable and effective integrity provisions in federal procurement.
- Implementation of the PTECH education model for Canada, with a focus on indigenous communities. PTECH is Pathways in Technology Early College High School program pioneered by IBM.
- Industrial Regional Benefits Program - secure eligibility for IBM Canada's products and services.
- Policy on Management of Information Technology - Treasury Board Policy Suite - advocate for the use and increased investment in innovative technologies, including Cloud computing and software analytics.
- Regional Economic Development: Advocate on approaches, policies and programs with the federal government that foster collaborative regional economic development strategies.
- Science & Technology Policy: provide advice and recommendations to the federal government on policy approaches and instruments to advance Canada's S&T and Innovation Agenda.
- Temporary Foreign Workers - policy and programs concerning the entry of TFW's including Intra-company Transferees, including rules governing prevailing wage
- Trade Agreement Negotiations - encourage the federal government of Canada to include provisions in bilateral and other trade agreements that will liberalize trade in information technology goods and services and the liberal movement of data, information and global employees. For example, the Trans-Pacific Partnership - encourage the federal government of Canada to include ambitious Electronic Commerce provisions.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Defence (DND)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Senate of Canada
- Service Canada (ServCan)
- Shared Services Canada (SSC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Provision of advanced information services, products and technologies.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Ayman Antoun, President & General Manager, IBM Canada Ltd
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
3600 Steeles Avenue East
Markham, ON L3R 9Z7
Parent Company Information
- IBM Corporation
1 New Orchard Road
Armonk, NY 10504-1722
United States of America
- 1 New Orchard Road
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- ISM Information Systems Management Canada Corporation
One Research - O/R
Regina, SK S4S 7H1
- One Research - O/R
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Ayman Antoun, President & General Manager, IBM Canada Ltd | No public offices held
- Susan Cook, Partner, Public Sector (Federal) | No public offices held
- Denis Desbiens, President, IBM Quebec | No public offices held
- Ross Geiger, Director, Public Sector (Federal Government) | No public offices held
- Corey Glynn, CTO, Federal Public Sector | No public offices held
- Penny Maxwell, Chief Financial Officer | No public offices held
- Matthew Snell, General Counsel and Secretary | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Alayne Crawford, Government and Regulatory Affairs Executive | Public offices held