Registration - In-house Organization
Information Technology Association of Canada / Association canadienne de la technologie de l'information / Angela Mondou, President and CEO
Version 27 of 40 (2015-10-15 to 2015-12-15)
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Seeking contribution for a youth talent program.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Digital Privacy Act (S-4) - consultation and discussions relating to the disclosure of personal information by technology companies.
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations - discussions on the specific employment needs of high-skilled, high-demand ICT sector.
- Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) - consultations on operations.
- Privacy Act - consultation and discussion pertaining to the reporting of personal information by technology companies.
Policies or Program
- Collaborating with government on changes made to the Integrity Framework.
- Identifying ways to ensure socio-economic considerations are made within large IT modernization initiatives.
- Working with government to ensure the modernization of procurement systems are done in a fair, transparent, and collaborative manner.
- • Increase productivity through the adoption of technology, largely through the continued development of a national strategy for the digital economy. • Drive innovation and competitiveness in the technology sector. • Improve the talent pool, skills, and diversity of the technology sector. • Modernize the public sector in its use of information technology.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Industry Canada
- Justice Canada (JC)
- Members of the House of Commons
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Procurement Review Board of Canada (PRB)
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Revenue Canada (RC)
- Senate of Canada
- Service Canada (ServCan)
- Shared Services Canada (SSC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Status of Women Canada (SWC)
- Technology Partnerships Canada (TPC)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Information and Communications Technology products and services
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Karna Gupta, President and Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipRegular members are companies who are engaged in Information and Communications Technology products and services. Associate members are those work in related fields, e.g., legal, accounting.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2015-04-30
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)||$573,054.07||Yes|
|Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada||$47,162.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
220 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON K1P 5Z9
Fax number: 905-602-8346
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Karna Gupta, President and CEO | No public offices held
- Elaine Huesing, Executive Director, ITAC Health | No public offices held
- Kelly Hutchinson, Vice-President, Government Relations and Policy | No public offices held
- Lynda Leonard, Senior VP | No public offices held
- Bill Munson, VP | No public offices held
- Brendan Seaton, President, ITAC Health | Public offices held