Registration - In-house Corporation
Syngenta Canada Inc. / Trevor Heck, Head, Canada
Version 28 of 28 (2019-10-16 to present)
- Economic Development
- Intellectual Property
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act as it applies to plant agriculture and its input products related to biotechnology.
- Food and Drug Act as it applies to crop protection maximum residue limits and novel foods as regulated and labelled.
- Pest Control Products Act with regard to intellectual property rights and cost recovery.
- Pre-budget submissions with regard to developing and strengthening rural economies, increasing Canadian innovation and expanding/improving agricultural trade.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Health Protection Act and regulations with regard plant protection novel foods.
- Species at Risk Act and regulations with regard to habitat protection.
Policies or Program
- Agriculture policy with regard to plant protection, biotechnology and plant breeding
- Environment Policy with regard to agriculture and the National Agri-environmental Indicator Program.
- Intellectual property as it applies to inventions, innovation and proprietary products tied to agriculture
- Science and Technology as it applies to innovation and investment initiatives in Canada for private sector.
- Technical Working Group as it applies to North American Free Trade Agreement Technical Working Group on pesticide regulation and harmonization
- International Trade as it applies to nontariff trade barriers in the Agricultural and food area in the Pest Control Products Regulations and Health Canada Policies
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation (CSTMC)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Syngenta is an agribusiness committed to sustainable agriculture through innovative research and technology and is a leader in crop protection and high-value seeds. The company is a manufacturer and supplier of agricultural pest control products for crops, agriculture, and professional products. This includes chemicals, biologicals, biotechnology and Genetically Engineered Organism. Sale of manufacturing grade may also be for use in urban or domestic pest management. Syngenta is also a commercial plant breeder.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Trevor Heck, Head, Canada
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
140 Research Lane, Research Park
Guelph, ON N1G 4Z3
Parent Company Information
Syngenta Canada Inc. is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Syngenta Canada Inc. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Trevor Heck, Head, Canada | No public offices held
- Christina Stroud, Head, Corporate Affairs | No public offices held
- Nancy Tout, Head, Regulatory & Biological Assessment | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Paul Hoekstra, Manager, Government and Industry Relations | No public offices held