Registration - In-house Organization
WORLD VISION CANADA / Michael Messenger, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) AND PRESIDENT
Version 53 of 53 (2020-01-15 to present)
- International Development
- International Trade
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Obtain contributions from Global Affairs Canada for the delivery of development and humanitarian assistance programs.
Policies or Program
- Build greater Government of Canada support for increased resources for and global leadership in regards to maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH) especially for the most vulnerable women & children.
- Build greater Government of Canada support for sustainable economic development through participation of the private sector which considers the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Ensuring Canada's official development assistance and programs place a priority on strengthening resilience in food security and nutrition for vulnerable children, women and smallholder farmers.
- Obtain high level government support for stabilization, protection of civilians and aid effectiveness in complex humanitarian emergencies.
- Prioritization of children and child protection in Canada's assistance through supply chain transparency.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- National Defence (DND)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
World Vision Canada (WVC) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVC is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people and it serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Michael Messenger, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) AND PRESIDENT
Organization's membership or classes of membershipWorld Vision Canada does not have organizational members. It is an autonomous member of World Vision International, a partnership that comprises more than 90 entities. World Vision Canada has 36 voting corporation members of which 16 are also board members. World Vision Canada is regularly supported by nearly 600,000 Canadian supporters.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-09-30
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Global Affairs Canada (GAC)||$45,801,525.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
1 WORLD DRIVE
MISSISSAUGA, ON L5T 2Y4
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Claudia Berloni, Director, Resource Acquisition & Management | No public offices held
- Martin Fischer, Director, Policy | No public offices held
- Ryan Friesen, Team Leader, Management and Compliance | No public offices held
- Lindsay Gladding, Director, Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs (HEA) | No public offices held
- Heather Keegan, Grant Manager, SCORE | Public offices held
- Harry Kits, Senior Director, Policy & Advocacy | No public offices held
- Simon Lewchuk, Senior Policy Advisor, Child Rights & Protection | No public offices held
- Caroline Marshall, Senior Policy Advisor, Child Health | No public offices held
- Michael Messenger, President & CEO | No public offices held
- Kioko Munyao, Team Lead, Sectorial Integration | No public offices held
- Jennifer Pedersen, Senior Policy Advisor, Humanitarian Affairs | Public offices held
- James Pothirajulu, Vice-President, Programs & Policy | No public offices held
- Sara Schulz, Manager, Government Engagement | Public offices held
- Jennifer Slawich, Senior Policy Advisor | No public offices held