Registration - In-house Corporation
Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp. / Maria Della Posta, President
Total Number of Communication Reports: 30
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 14 of 21 (2016-04-06 to 2016-04-12)
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Export Development Canada Financing purchases for foreign sales
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Industrial Technologies Office (ITO)-Strategic Aerospace and Defence Initiative (SADI) - Pratt & Whitney Canada is the largest investor in R&D in Canada in the Aerospace Industry, and as such qualifies for investment by the Government of Canada through SADI. The company on ongoing basis submits applications to ITO.
Policies or Program
- F-35 Procurement Aircraft Acquisition. The company is interested in having one of its engine types selected for the F-35 program.
- NRC - Pratt & Whitney Canada has over twelve ongoing research activities with NRC. For example; High Altitude Engine Testing, Research in Turbo Aerodynamics
- National Defence- Fixed Wing Search and Rescue- Aircraft Acquisition. P&WC is interested in having one of its engine types selected for the FWSAR competition.
- National Defence- Unmanned Air Vehicles Acquisition. Canada would benefit from increased P&WC activity and R&D in the field of UAV and fixed wing aircraft in developing engines, powerplants that meet enhanced or new requirements.
- Revenue Canada SR&ED- Scientific Research & Experimental Development Program Pratt & Whitney Canada conducts significant R&D activities in Canada on airplane engines and production and testing. It also qualifies for reimbursement under the SR&ED program.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Foreign Affairs/International Trade Export Controls/Interpretations - Pratt & Whitney Canada, as a manufacture of aircraft engines, exports the majority of its products internationally. It is significantly affected by Export Control and ITAR regulations. On ongoing basis, the company works with Industry Associations and Government Officials on these issues.
- Engine Certification - Pratt & Whitney Canada works with Transport Canada on Engine Certification through the CAR (Canadian Aviation Regulation) 511 - process around engine certification. The company also works with Transport Canada on CAR 533 -aircraft engines design, standards and requirements for approval of the type design of aeronautical product.
- Written communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
- Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- Federal Environmental Assessment Review Office (FEARO)
- Federal Office of Regional Development – Quebec (FORD[Q])
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Members of the House of Commons
- National Defence (DND)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Procurement Review Board of Canada (PRB)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Revenue Canada (RC)
- Senate of Canada
- Service Canada (ServCan)
- Technology Partnerships Canada (TPC)
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
World leader in aviation engines powering business, general aviation and regional aircraft and helicopters. The company also offers advanced engines for industrial applications.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
John Saabas, President
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
45 O'Connor, Suite 1700
Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4
Fax number: 613-232-7613
Parent Company Information
- Pratt & Whitney Corp.
400 Main St.
East Hartford, CT 06108
United States of America
- 400 Main St.
United Technologies Building
Hartford, CT 06101
United States of America
- United Technologies Building
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Nicolas Amyot, VP and CFO | No public offices held
- Maria Della Posta, Senior Vice President | No public offices held
- Alain Rondeau, Vice President-Counsel and Corporate Secretary | No public offices held
- John Saabas, President | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
No lobbyists added