Registration - In-house Organization
Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada / Fédération de l'habitation coopérative du Canada / Timothy Ross, Executive Director
Version 30 of 31 (2019-03-22 to 2019-07-12)
- Economic Development
- Regional Development
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Motion 100: Promotion of co-operative enterprise through various government mechanisms.
Policies or Program
- Lobbying around the elimination of homelessness in Canada.
- Lobbying for energy retrofit programs for co-op housing.
- Lobbying for government to examine the consequences of the steady erosion of rent-geared-to-income (RGI) capacity for low-income households in existing federally administered housing providers, including co-operatives.
- Lobbying for new low-income subsidies for federal co-ops (including Section 95 program co-op housing).
- Lobbying to ensure that low-income households can continue to live affordably in federally-administered housing co-operatives after their operating agreements end with Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC).
- Lobbying to ensure the new affordable housing framework is implemented and linked to measurable outcomes.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- House of Commons
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
CHF Canada is a non-profit co-op association. Our services include research to support new co-op development and improve government support programs; representing our members' interests to the federal government; developing and promoting national education materials for the co-op housing movement; organizing conferences and training forums, etc; providing support to co-ops and member federations upon request; research on legal matters; publishing newsletters and bulletins for our members.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Timothy Ross, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipOur members include: non-profit housing co-ops (except in Quebec, where housing co-ops belong to CHF Canada through their local federations); federations of existing housing co-ops at the local and regional levels; groups that help housing co-ops; provincial co-op housing associations that work on provincial issues; associations that represent and support housing co-op staff; land trusts that hold and protect land for housing co-ops; sponsoring organization who lend us their support and assistance.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-12-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)||$20,000.00||Yes|
|Government of Nova Scotia||$87,000.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
225 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 1P9
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Harvey Cooper, Managing Director, Ontario Region | No public offices held
- Scott Jackson, Program Manager, National Communications | No public offices held
- Courtney Lockhart, Program Manager, Policy and Government Relations | Public offices held
- Scott Parry, Government Relations Co-ordinator | No public offices held
- Timothy Ross, Executive Director | No public offices held
- Simone Swail, Manager, Govt Relations | No public offices held
- Patricia Tessier, Director, Member Services | No public offices held