Registration - In-house Organization
TURKEY FARMERS OF CANADA / LES ELEVEURS DE DINDON DU CANADA / PHIL BOYD, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Version 32 of 50 (2012-01-12 to 2012-03-29)
- Consumer Issues
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC), funds for the development and implementation of food safety or animal care programs, with regard to ensuring on-farm programming is current.
- Canadian Food Safety Quality Program, in respect of development of on-farm food safety programs and on-farm implementation.
- Contributions from Natural Science and Engineering Council of Canada (NSERC) with respect to develop a research program for poultry in Canada.
Policies or Program
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) collection of feed pricing data and its accuracy, regarding feed input costs in the production of turkeys.
- Bi-lateral Trade Negotiations as it relates to the import regime and tariff rate quota for turkey and the WTO.
- Biosecurity: Turkey Farmers of Canada (TFC) works closely with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) to ensure that the industry operates under strict bio-security guidelines, to eradicate any diseases of significance if they emerge, and ensure adequate compensation is available for those producers that must have their flocks euthanized due to an ordered cull.
- CANADIAN INTEGRATED FOOD SAFETY INITIATIVE, with respect to Turkey Farmers of Canada's (TFC) on-farm food safety systems development, in relationship to the entire food chain.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency - POULTRY REJECTION PROJECT: Turkey Farmers of Canada closely monitors revision to poultry inspection practices which negatively impact producers or undermines the competitiveness of the processing sector due to cost recovery/downloading of inspection responsibilities.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency On-Farm Food Safety Recognition Program with respect to turkey.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency – Health of Animals Act Poultry Inspection Programs, with respect to implications for turkey farmers shipping birds to federally registered processing establishments.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s Animal Disease programs/protocols related to the development and refinement of animal disease preparedness and response protocols.
- Development of the funding structure for implementation of food safety animal care programs.
- Growing Forward business risk management and supply management, with respect to applicability of business risk management programs to turkey farmers.
- Labelling, in respect of method of production claims and guideline review, to ensure appropriate and accurate consumer information is provided.
- NOTICE TO IMPORTERS: Turkey Farmers of Canada (TFC) is a member of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade’s (DFAIT) Tariff Rate Quota Advisory Committee (TQAC), with respect to ensuring the tariff rate quotas are administered properly and in support of supply management.
- Natural Science and Engineering Council of Canada Research and Development program for poultry research in Canada.
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) related to turkey products and the turkey sector.
- Private Sector Risk Management Program of production insurance programs, in regard to applicability and development for turkey production.
- The Growing Forward Multilateral Framework: On-going discussions concerning the implementation of the program and applicability to and eligibility of turkey producers within supply management.
- The World Trade Organization (WTO) agreement as it is related to the negotiations on Agriculture subsidies.
- The World Trade Organization agreement with regard to the Sanitary and Phyto-Sanitary Agreement (SPS) and further development of the SPS.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada – Canada Poultry Import Regime; the administration and allocation of the Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ).
- Canadian Border Services - traceability regulations with respect to Poultry Product.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) regulations, food products labeling of packaging.
- Custom Tariff - Specially defined mixture rule.
- Health of Animals Act - Compensation for destroyed animals regulations, in respect of avian influenza surveillance or other foreign animal diseases.
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) - Food and Drug Regulations, On-Farm Medicated Feed Mixing program, Medicated Feed Mixing On-Farm, with regard to implementation on turkey farms.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
- Farm Products Council of Canada
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- Industry Canada
- Members of the House of Commons
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Revenue Canada (RC)
- Senate of Canada
- Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC)
- House of Commons
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
A NATIONAL MARKETING AGENCY PROCLAIMED IN 1973 UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF THE FARM PRODUCTS AGENCIES ACT. ADMINISTERS THE NATIONAL ORDERLY MARKETING SYSTEM FOR TURKEYS UNDER PROVISIONS OF THE FEDERAL PROVINCIAL AGREEMENT.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
PHIL BOYD, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Organization's membership or classes of membershipMEMBERS INCLUDE: 1 PRODUCER MEMBER APPOINTED BY PROVINCIAL TURKEY MARKETING BOARDS IN BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, QC, NB, NS. 2 NON-PRODUCERS APPOINTED BY THE CANADIAN POULTRY & EGG PROCESSORS COUNCIL; AND 1 NON-PRODUCER MEMBER APPOINTED BY THE FURTHER POULTRY PROCESSORS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA. EACH MEMBER HAS AN ALTERNATE APPOINTED IN LIKE-MANNER.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2011-12-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)||$50,151.03||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
7145 West Credit Avenue
Building 1, Suite 202
Mississauga, ON L5N 6J7
Fax number: 905-812-9326
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- PHIL BOYD, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR | No public offices held
- McELWAIN COLLEEN, ASSOCIATE MANAGER - TECHNICAL AFFAIRS, SCIENCE & REGULATION | No public offices held
- GRAHAM DUGGAN, INTERIM ASSOCIATE MANAGER TECHNICAL AFFAIRS - SCIENCE & REGULATION | No public offices held
- JANICE HEIGHT, DIRECTOR - CORPORATE SERVICES | No public offices held
- SHELDON JOHN, MANAGER - MARKETS INFORMATION | No public offices held
- GEORGIOU MALENKA, ASSOCIATE MANAGER - TECHNICAL AFFAIRS, ON-FARM PROGRAMS | No public offices held
- ALLYSON MARCOLINI, LEAD - CONSUMER RELATIONS | No public offices held
- SATEESH RAMKISSOONSINGH, MANAGER - POLICY & TRADE | No public offices held
- REDSTONE ROBIN, LEAD - CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS | No public offices held