Registration - In-house Organization
ACTRA Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists / ACTRA / Marie Kelly, National Executive Director
Version 1 of 22 (2009-05-14 to 2010-12-14)
- Arts and Culture
- Canadian Media Fund
- Funding for cultural institutions
- Intellectual Property
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, with respect to increased, longterm government investment.
- Canadian Media Fund, with respect to increased longterm government investment and the maintenance of Canadian content requirements for eligibility.
- National Film Board, with respect to increased, longterm government investment.
- Telefilm Canada, with respect to increased, longterm government investment.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Copyright legislation – Updating Canada's Copyright Act to implement the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Copyright and Audio Visual Treaties.
- Income Tax avergaing for Artists: Propose amendments to the Income Tax Act to re-instate income tax averaging for artists.
Policies or Program
- WIPO-AV Treaty – (World Intellectual Property Organization, Audio-Visual Treaty), with erspect to having it passed and making Canada a signatory.
- Television and broacdcasting regulation as it relates to progamming and Canadian content.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Broadcasting and Digital Communications Branch
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- House of Commons
- Industry Canada
- National Film Board (NFB)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
ACTRA (Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists) is the national organization of professional performers working in the English-language recorded media in Canada. ACTRA represents the interests of 21,000 members across Canada - the foundation of Canada's highly acclaimed professional performing community.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Stephen Waddell, National Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membership21,000 members in three categories: Full members, apprentice members and ACTRA background performers.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
625 Church Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 2G1
Fax number: 416-644-1544
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Chris Cornish, Branch Representative & Federal Outreach Coordinator | No public offices held
- Joanne Deer, Director Public Policy & Communication | No public offices held
- Brad Keenan, Director of ACTRA PRS (Performers Rights Society) | No public offices held
- Stephen Waddell, National Executive Director | No public offices held
- Christine Webber, Administrative Assistant | No public offices held