- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Intellectual Property
- International Development
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Increase A-base funding for agricultural public research, and make better use of annual budgeted funds to align with industry priorities.
Lobby for funding to assist the Canada-US Working Group on grain trade in resolving cross-border trade issues.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Lobby for effective back to work legislation during applicable labour disruptions in grain transportation and grain inspection services.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Lobby for effective trade negotiations and enforcement provisions in key export markets.
Lobby to ensure adequate infrastructure is in place to maximize effectiveness of grain handling and transportation systems.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Lobby for improved metrics and performance measurements in grain transportation system.
Lobby of policies and programs that improve the competitiveness and profitability of the agriculture value chain.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Lobby to ensure taxation regime allows businesses in the grain trade to be cost competitive internationally.
Lobby to ensure that changes to the Canadian Grain Commission cost effectively meet the needs of the grain industry as a whole.
Policies or Program
- Ensure the AAFC Grains Roundtable has appropriate funding and support to provide solutions to the Government on grain issues.
Lobby to ensure sufficient resources are allocated to the Market Access Secretariat with in AAFC.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Lobby for national and international standards and standardization of Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs) of pesticides on grain.
Work with Government to ensure effective health information and facts reach Canadian consumers on the safety of food.
- Lobby for implementation of national and international low-level presence (LLP) standards in commercial grain and seed.
Lobby for practical and workable levels of myco-toxins in raw grain, handling and food processing.
Lobby for time sensitive approvals of pesticides and germ-plasm to assist our industry in being competitive internationally.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Farm Credit Canada (FCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
Halifax Port Authority
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Montreal Port Authority
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Prince Rupert Port Authority
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
Thunder Bay Port Authority
Transport Canada (TC)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (Port Metro Vancouver)
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Client Contact Information
1215-220 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0A5
Patti Miller, Vice Chair
Parent Company Information
Canada Grains Council is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canada Grains Council is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canada Grains Council are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canada Grains Council does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Designated public offices held
Suite 316, 908-17th Ave. SW (Head Office)
Suite 303, 8 York St., Ottawa, ON K1N 5S6 (Satellite Office)
Calgary, AB T2T 0A3
Consultant Firm and Address
New West Public Affairs Inc. / New West Public Affairs Inc.
9 Glencairn Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1S 1M5