Registration - In-house Organization
Native Women's Association of Canada / L'Association des femmes autochtones du Canada / Lynne Groulx, Chief Executive Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 19
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 5 of 7 (2019-04-26 to 2019-08-07)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Arts and Culture
- Constitutional Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Justice and Law Enforcement
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Culturally appropriate infrastructure with respect to purchase and renovation of a workplace appropriate for Indigenous persons.
- Funding for increased organizational capacity (core funding) from the Basic Organization Funding Capacity contribution program.
- Funding for increased staff capacity for NWAC from the Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy (CIRNA/ Indigenous Services) and the Partnerships Initiative Program (ESDC).
- Seek funding from undetermined sources related to Indigenous women's employment, financial health and wellness, housing security, food security, resilience and safety, justice and human rights, health, environmental issues, public safety and emergency management, language and culture, and community engagement.
- Seek funding from undetermined sources to support victims of violence against women with respect to murdered and missing Indigenous women and girls.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Reconciliation with respect to discrimination under the Indian Act.
Policies or Program
- Arrange meetings with the federal government to solidify the relationship between federal government and NWAC.
- Corrections Canada with respect to segregation of Indigenous women.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Correctional Service of Canada (CSC)
- Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Library and Archives Canada (LAC)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Senate of Canada
- Status of Women Canada (SWC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
NWAC organizes and supports activities that enhance, promote, and foster the social, economic, cultural and political well-being of First Nations and Métis women within First Nation, Métis and Canadian societies. Activities include conducting research and investigations, promoting public awareness, facilitating consultations with Indigenous peoples and organizing and supporting programs at the grass-roots and national level.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Lynne Groulx, Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipNWAC has one membership class which is made of of the representatives of thirteen Native women’s organizations from across Canada.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-03-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Canada Instittute of Health Research||$197,843.00||No|
|Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)||$4,266,141.00||Yes|
|Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)||$5,457,651.00||Yes|
|Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)||$35,000.00||No|
|Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)||$1,422,673.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
1 Nicholas Street
Ottawa, ON J8P 7W5
Fax number: 613-722-7687