Registration - In-house Corporation
Facebook Canada Ltd. / Garrick Tiplady, Managing Director, Canada
Version 7 of 8 (2019-12-16 to 2020-02-14)
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Engagement with government on legislation impacting online digital platforms. Facebook’s engagement with government is often at the government’s own request.
- Engagement with government on proposed digital services tax.
Policies or Program
- Engagement with government on policies and programs impacting online digital platforms and broader policy issues. Facebook’s engagement with government is often at the government’s own request.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Leaders’ Debates Commission
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Senate of Canada
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- Finance Canada (FIN)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Facebook Canada Ltd., a subsidiary of its ultimate parent company Facebook, Inc., is an online social networking company with the mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Garrick Tiplady, Managing Director, Canada
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
661 University Avenue
Suite 1201, 12th Floor
Toronto, ON M5G 1M1
Parent Company Information
- Facebook, Inc.
1601 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
United States of America
- 1601 Willow Road
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Facebook Canada Ltd. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Kevin Chan, Public Policy Director, Canada | Public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
No lobbyists added